terrorizer

Yep best Opeth magazine feature I have read :)
Although Terrorizer gave Watershed 8/10 which is bullshit.. it should have been at least 9 if not 10!!
Also Terrorizer - clearly the Uk's most extreme orientated magazine is Nightwish's biggest fanboys... god that annoys me!

well thats cool, ill pick up this issue then :). i love terroriser, im gonna subscribe too, its cheap for north america now, on theomegaorder.com 1 year for 49.99$, great deal i think considering i pay like 13$ an issue

I dont know why but it was very cool to find out that frederik was detuning the guitar at the end of burden :) thats silly i know but its just great!!

actually they have done nothing but shit on nightwish until the most recent nightwish release.

lol that does'nt detract the point that they are currently Nightwish's biggest fanboys in the UK ... They gave a better review for their new album than Kerrang or Metal Hammer..... gay.
Infact the fact that they newly love the band takes away credibility :D

Infact the fact that they newly love the band takes away credibility :D

Yeah, but it will probably sell more copies of the magazine. Nightwish's label probably pays for all the love anway.

I subscribe to Terrorizer and enjoy it for the most part. My favorite section is the reviews because that is how I learn about a lot of new music that I would have never heard. I don't always agree with their scores but they do give a good general description of the music. I also like that they try to cover a lot of territory. You can't please everyone all the time but Terrorizer does a decent job of pleasing everyone some of the time.

Yep best Opeth magazine feature I have read :)
Although Terrorizer gave Watershed 8/10 which is bullshit.. it should have been at least 9 if not 10!!

I think their last major Opeth feature, also an issue with Opeth on the cover (the 2006 year-end awards issue) was better. They did a nice rundown on the band's discography, with Mike and Peter commenting on each record. And yeah, it should've been at least a 9...but Terrorizer does that sometimes; they write a glowing review for something, then give it a 7.5 --just find their review of Anata's 'The Conductor's Departure' for proof.

I think their last major Opeth feature, also an issue with Opeth on the cover (the 2006 year-end awards issue) was better. They did a nice rundown on the band's discography, with Mike and Peter commenting on each record. And yeah, it should've been at least a 9...but Terrorizer does that sometimes; they write a glowing review for something, then give it a 7.5 --just find their review of Anata's 'The Conductor's Departure' for proof.

That´s something i think is good when it comes to mags actually,i dont like when too many records get 9´s or 10´s,kinda waters out the meaning of a high point.

I see your point. I mean, there's this fairly big mag called S.O.D, and they give pretty much every cd they review at least a 9/10, and I've never seen them give anything any less than a 7/10.
But Terrorizer will sometimes have a raving review for an album, and then give it a 7; and sometimes they'll knock an album pretty harshly, mention a single, slight saving grace, then give it a 7.

One irrelevant post isn't hijacking a thread. TWO irrelevant posts is hijacking a thread.

You can now consider this thread hijacked.