Testament covers

How about another Judas Priest song. The only problem I had with Rapid Fire was the production, it sounded awful. Maiden would be cool, although they get covered a lot. King Diamond might be interesting, although I wouldn't want to hear Chuck try to do falsetto.

How about another Judas Priest song. The only problem I had with Rapid Fire was the production, it sounded awful. Maiden would be cool, although they get covered a lot. King Diamond might be interesting, although I wouldn't want to hear Chuck try to do falsetto.

It would be interesting to hear him do it without the falsetto though.

I can't think of any song I'd like to hear Testament cover. I'd say they're past the "covers" period. I jsut want some good new stuff!

EDIT: I take that back, cover some Death!

Funny you should say Judas Priest,I think a cover of Painkiller would be cool.And also I bet they would do an awesome cover of Overkills Evil Never Dies.

I agree with you I would rather have that space on the cd for an original song.But I mean if they did a whole album.I don't want to say it, but like 'garage days'.Nothing you would want to here them do?.I think they would make just about anything better.I find it interesting that Testament is one of the only metal bands to not do a Sabbath cover.

Hey,what is Rapid Fire on?.I have heard it but could never find it.Was it on some compilation?

Hey,what is Rapid Fire on?.I have heard it but could never find it.Was it on some compilation?

Yeah, it's A Tribute to Judas Priest- Legends of Metal. Testament, Mercyful Fate, Fates Warning, Iced Earth, Overkill, Doom Squad, Kreator, Nevermore, Strapping Young Lad and Helloween are the bands on it.

Funny you should say Judas Priest,I think a cover of Painkiller would be cool.And also I bet they would do an awesome cover of Overkills Evil Never Dies.

Well Painkiller was covered by Death and it's kind of an obvious choice I think, still they'd probably do a great job on it. Don't you think it would be kind of strange to hear a thrash band cover another thrash band? Evil Never Dies is a great song, but I don't know if I'd want to hear that. If they did do something like that, hopefully it would be an extra track for a e.p. or Japanese release.

Into The Void-Black Sabbath
Delivering the Goods-Judas
The Eagle has Landed-Saxon
Dawn of Meggido-Celtic
DOA-Bloodrock
Soldier of Fortune-Deep Purple
Hells Bells-AC/DC
The Philosopher-Death

Some of these are way out there but Testament is good enough to pull them off!

Into The Void-Black Sabbath
Delivering the Goods-Judas
The Eagle has Landed-Saxon
Dawn of Meggido-Celtic
DOA-Bloodrock
Soldier of Fortune-Deep Purple
Hells Bells-AC/DC
The Philosopher-Death

Some of these are way out there but Testament is good enough to pull them off!

Yes i could imagine them doing delivering the goods !

Well Painkiller was covered by Death and it's kind of an obvious choice I think, still they'd probably do a great job on it. Don't you think it would be kind of strange to hear a thrash band cover another thrash band? Evil Never Dies is a great song, but I don't know if I'd want to hear that. If they did do something like that, hopefully it would be an extra track for a e.p. or Japanese release.

I was thinking about your question about thrash covering thrash and just about agreed.But then I thought who else would cover a thrash song?who but another thrash band could even play a thrash song ( and make it sound good) don't say Pat Boone! haha!.(maybe it's my lack of imagination)Thanks about the compilation list I will have to get it.I didn't know there were so many good bands.What song does OverKill do on it?.:kickass?