Testament Dvd owner, write something here. please

flavio83

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2004
I'm very interested in Testament videos....
Anyone who has DVD, please write here any comment or review..
Thanks

MindSight said:
Which bootleg has better sound quality?

I think The Santa Monica Was better for overall sound....because it was done on 8mm film....But The Omni is more classic, filmed on an older camera(new at the time).....It was a VHS format, filmed directly to a VHS tape.......The Omni has alot of Bay Area Band Members in it, they come up on the last encore song & sing & play around on stage......Baloff, Arron Jellum, Yaz, Doug Piercy, Dean Del Ray, etc.....And during the set a very young Phil Demmel is helped on stage during a song by Chuck himself.....And Phil stage dives into the Pit!......Plus its the last show of the New Order Tour......So all the songs are off the first 2 albums! Those are my favorite 2 Testament albums....BTW!

dualrecto said:
A show with the Gathering line up (J. Murphy and Lombardo) would be nice.

I filmed alot of shows with this lineup.......I'm sure one will appear someday.....My best one is from Peoria, NY.......I hope they pick this one soon.....its very high quality!

flavio83 said:
is it possible to see any screen shot ?

Not really, but take my word for it, they are official Bootlegs, better than any bootlegs you've seen, I did'nt have to hide my camera while being filmed, or go far from the front, as with other Bootlegs.....They are all very high quality, or the band would'nt release them!

well i got the omni gig, the show is great, image is C and sound is a B
i tought i would receive a silver pressed dvd, what i got was a maxell disc burnt from a pc (with scratches on it) with a low rez color output:err: geez man have you even looked at what you printed???
this whole package costed them about 1.50$ to produce and 2.00 to ship, total cost for them around 3.50-4.00$ sold for 23.00$, sorry Testament but i will not buy another 1 from you. This is a "official" bootleg, don't sell it with a pricetag as if it was a professional made dvd.
i would buy another and another if they were priced acordingly, 12-15$ at the most.
no new record in 5-6 years, countless "best of" and now "official crappy" products, come on guys, your milking it way too far...
take it as you want...

Elk666 said:
i tought i would receive a silver pressed dvd, what i got was a maxell disc burnt from a pc (with scratches on it) with a low rez color output:err: geez man have you even looked at what you printed???
this whole package costed them about 1.50$ to produce and 2.00 to ship, total cost for them around 3.50-4.00$ sold for 23.00$, sorry Testament but i will not buy another 1 from you. This is a "official" bootleg, don't sell it with a pricetag as if it was a professional made dvd.
i would buy another and another if they were priced acordingly, 12-15$ at the most.
no new record in 5-6 years, countless "best of" and now "official crappy" products, come on guys, your milking it way too far...
take it as you want...

Dunno bout DVD, cause I don't have any of those two (I'd love to but its way to exp for me...), but you're sayin' something about The Best Of etc. Well The fact that TestAmenT released many TheBestOfs was discussed on this forum. Check it out.
I will say just its labels decision, not band themselfs...

The thing's that they are releasing those bootlegs is just great (isn't it?), and nothing wrong. Maybe the prize is to high... don't know american reality, (28$ as for Poland is much, but its a diferent thing). The idea itself is awesome...

Elk666 said:
take it as you want...

1) The concert was filmed in 1988....with a one of the first video's cameras on the market.......The image is as good as you could get back then, technology has improved alot, but this is a piece of Testament history that we are lucky to have available to their fans.

2) The DVD was made by a company who transfered the Video into DVD's.....the "low Rez color output".....was the same as the master copy had to offer, covered in #1......if yours has scratches on it, we would ecxchange it gladly, I don't think you said it affected the playback.......since you watched the whole video.

3) I know for a fact that it did not cost a mere $1.50 to produce, thats just not true at all.....and your not taking into account the artwork, the DVD case, the DVD itself, the charge the DVD company charged in making it, nor the packageing for mailing, and the postage, plus the person who has to do the shipping & handeling himself.....And it was never stated that this was a professional DVD, thats why its called a Bootleg sold directly from their website & not available anywhere else.

4) And Testament does not have total control of their catelog, the record companies do, and decided on their own, to put out the Best of CD's, they have control, of their releases put out like that.....And countless is very exagerated, how many do you count as countless.....2 or 3?

But your arguments & displeasure will be brought to their attention.....that I will promise! I don't think anyone else has complained about these bootleg releases, in fact I've only heard good things until now.......To unlock their private collection to share with thier fans is the main purpose, not to make alot of money, & capitalize on all they can.....IMO. Sorry for your unhappiness though.....