Testament in Rome,Italy 15/7/05

Migs

Friday the 13th addict
Jul 6, 2004
Rome,Italy
Testament played yesterday in Rome! the bill was huge, with also Kreator and Sodom!

sadly, the band couldn't play more than 55 minutes (they were supposed to play 1h 15m) , because the organization of the event was soooo bad that they had to cut Kreator and Testament performance! Testament was the headliner, but 've played less than Sodom....very sad I must say

I want to say to the band that I'm very sorry for what happened yesterday in my city, but we love you and we will always support! Fuck the bad organizers!!

DSC00548.jpg

very good pic dude!

I was down there in the left side, near Skolnick.

I have some crazy pics too! and a couple of videos.....

xSUIxTOMMYx said:
Glad you guys had a blast!!!
Too bad Testament didnt play their usual set...

the setlist was (SPOILER):

- The preacher
- The new order
- The Hunting
- Practice what you preach
- Electric Crown
- The legacy
- Sins of omission
- Alone in the dark
- Into the pit
- Over the wall
....at this point Eric guitar was like cut off from the mixing, they started another song but the mic was turned off...the band was forced to stop playing and you could see it in their eyes that they were feeling sad and disappointed, because they were delivering their best for us.
I'd really appreciate Grec performance, he's amazing, he was having a great time playing!

Testament once again proved that they are very different from many other bands: they are down on earth, they don't cheat on you, they just show exactly what they are inside...

Thanks for the review and pic. Good to see you had fun despite the shortening of the setlist. Speaking of which- it really amazes me how could anyone cut the headliner's setlist.. I don't get it- why? I understand it's justified when it comes to supporting acts (Kreator wasn't just a support, of course), but why the last band on the bill?? I mean, do they have to close the club and can't wait 20 more minutes.. do they have another show coming or what? stupid.

BTW, that sounds like a big show. How many people were present?

High Priest Of Evil said:
Thanks for the review and pic. Good to see you had fun despite the shortening of the setlist. Speaking of which- it really amazes me how could anyone cut the headliner's setlist.. I don't get it- why? I understand it's justified when it comes to supporting acts (Kreator wasn't just a support, of course), but why the last band on the bill?? I mean, do they have to close the club and can't wait 20 more minutes.. do they have another show coming or what? stupid.

BTW, that sounds like a big show. How many people were present?

They had to cut somebody because the show started 3 hours late (and no one knows why!) and they let the first 3 bands play their complete set.

When it came to Kreator, they didnt let them play their last song. Then, Testament hit the stage at 11 PM , and couldnt play more than about 55 minutes because there was a disposition that at midnight sharp the concert was to be over. And , of course, the organizers didn't want to pay for it, so the one who actually payed are the fans....

I guess the attendance was 1,500 people. The event was not even advertised good, no website and almost no flyers in the city. It's sad that this still happens ...however all the bands kicked asses, sure about it :)

3 h is a long time, I understan. Still, I find such a disposition plain stupid. Anyway if they really had to cut somebody's set, they should have done it to the first bands.
I'm sure both bands will make it up to the fans the next time thy play Rome.
BTW, Testament hit the stage 15 minutes after midnight last time they played in Poland and no one interrupted them, although there was no encore (but that was due to the fact that they were all really tired after the trip and the gig).

IT IS SO SIMPLE - IF YOU ARE THE ORGANIZER AND SMTHNG IS WRONG YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING THAT YOU WANT, CUT DOWN SOME SUPPORTS EVEN THROW SOME AWAY - BUT YOU CAN'T TOUCH THE HEADLINER'S SET - IF YOU ARE THE ORGANIZER AND YOU HAVE TO SHORTEN THE HEADLINERS SET THEN YOU FUCKED IT

SHIT - IT WAS TESTAMENT WITH ALEX AND SOMEONE CUT THEIR SET AND ALEX DIDIN'T PLAY DISCIPLES SOLO - I WOULD KILL FOR THAT

MAX - SORRY I AM SOOO HARSH ON YOUR COUNTRYMEN BUT THAT SUCKS

Yes, it sucks big time!

but I'm almost used to this kind of shit, so right now I'm just happy to have been down in the pit of another TestAmenT show

I have got a lot of pics that I want to share but at the bottom of my page is written that i cant post attachments...what does this mean??

what kind of stupid fuck cuts headliner? damn, if it would be some minor band - this wouldn't be so painful... but when it comes to Testament it's really fucked up... 1500 ppl came to see Testament and Kreator, (NOT SUPPORTS!) and some fuck cuts the gig? poor shithead...

anyway I'm sure TestAmenT gig was amazing, and I hope Kreator and Sodom gave their best, so it was great evening...

try with those pics...

xSUIxTOMMYx said:
I thought that there`s no more stupid organizers than some Polish ones...

Here is the same, but not all of them. The problem is that they care only for a fast , clear and easy money earning and then they just let things go with the wind!

Inside the venue a medium beer was 5 euros!! that's crazy