Testament Related Topic!!

MindInsane

From the vastly deep
Jun 17, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Here's one I don't think I've seen before;

Who here has gotten to meet Chuck Billy at a show? Tell your stories!!!

For me it was on the Demonic tour in Eugene Or at the W.O.W. hall. The venue was practically empty (it was terrible!) Not much of a metal head crowd in Eugene...more of a stoner Greatful Dead crowd. Anyway..I had been following Testament since the beginning and thought Chuck was the greatest frontman in the entertainment business (and still do!) The show was absolutely flawless and the guys remained in a pretty good mood considering the crappy turn out. My brother and I decided to wait out by the tour bus afterwards. Now...there are these two guys that go to every show in this area and they are a pair of complete retards..you know...the kind of guys that get really drunk at the show and then show up by the our bus and yell shit like "you fucking rock so much dude" and "I fucking LOVE you guys" and "Fuck I've been listening to you guys since the beginning!" Anyway I'm sure you get the point. So here I am...getting ready to meet THE MAN and who walks up? One of the moron twins..and he's REALLY shitfaced. It was like perfect timing because then Chuck emerged from the bus. Well...dumbass starts yelling...about oh...two feet from Chuck's face. Evidently the phrase "indoor voices" was never introduced to him as a child! "you guys fucking rock dude" etc. I was absolutely mortified! Here I am getting ready to talk to one of my favorite people on the metal scene and this retard was tainting my experience heavily!! Chuck was the most gracious guy! He was taking the idiot in stride and really being cool to all of us. It didn't seem to phase him..I was relieved! When it was my turn to get my cd signed I told Chuck (with my indoor voice) that I had been a fan since 1988 and I was really happy to finally get to meet him. He acted suprised, thanked me, and signed my stuff.

What a class act!

Ok everyone...your turn!!

I've met Chuck many times. A lot of Testament shows, a lot of other metal
shows including Ozzfest and shit.

I'll share my favorite....

Met Chuck standing behind him at the Will Call booth at SJ State Event Ctr
when Pantera was touring for FBD. The Will Call lady called him "Charles
Billy" and DE laughed and Chuck didn't. Chuck turned around and looked
at me to see if I was laughing, then turned his head back only to turn his
head around again to look at me because I was wearing my Return to The
Apocalyptic City T-shirt.

It was cool. That night Anselmo invited Chuck on stage and they sat
on the monitors and smoked weed and sang "Planet Caravan" at the
end of the night.

Nope. Never met Chuck, I'm more of the guy who gets drunk,...

But I did talk to Steve Smythe once after a Sac Dragonlord show, and that was excellent. Just like MI, the venue had a very small turnout and all, but he didn't make it feel like it was an issue, cause he was gracious for and to the ppl that did make it, me included. Even traded picks with my bro.

OfficerNice:
"It was cool. That night Anselmo invited Chuck on stage and they sat
end of the night."

I think I have that show on a bootleg vid somewhere... seemed to be a really great concert...

istari said:
OfficerNice:
"It was cool. That night Anselmo invited Chuck on stage and they sat
end of the night."

I think I have that show on a bootleg vid somewhere... seemed to be a really great concert...

You lucky bastard. I'd love to have a copy of that.

end of the night.

HOLY FUCK!!! I WAS AT THAT SHOW!! KILLER FUCKING SHOW!!!:headbang:

AND I HAVE NEVER MET CHUCK:

dirtntest4.jpg

Reactions: Vic Rattlehead
Dirt Junior said:
end of the night.

HOLY FUCK!!! I WAS AT THAT SHOW!! KILLER FUCKING SHOW!!!

YEAH IT WAS!!!!!!!

istari said:
it's the same show where Jason Newstedt joined pantera on stage and they played a couple of metallica tunes right? That's the one I got on video anyways...
Oh whoa! The Pantallica show at SJ when Phil was playing Dime's blue
axe and Jason sang on "Whiplash" and "Seek and Destroy"
That was awesome! Yes, that was the same show.

Chuck and Phil were first and the Pantallica jam ended Pantera's set.

Istari-
The show should be Fri Jul 15 1994
Here's the setlist I took down....

Use My 3rd Arm
Fucking Hostile
Cowboys From Hell
Primal Concrete Sledge
Domination
Mouth for War
Walk
A New Level
This Love
Strength Beyond Strength
Becoming
5 Minutes Alone
I'm Broken
Planet Caravan with Chuck
Slaughtered
Pantallica Jam

OfficerNice said:
......Met Chuck standing behind him at the Will Call booth at SJ State Event Ctr
when Pantera was touring for FBD. The Will Call lady called him "Charles
Billy" and DE laughed and Chuck didn't. Chuck turned around and looked
at me to see if I was laughing, then turned his head back only to turn his
head around again to look at me because I was wearing my Return to The
Apocalyptic City T-shirt.
That sounds like something I'd laugh at........thats hella funny!:tickled:

Deadly Embrace said:
That sounds like something I'd laugh at........thats hella funny!:tickled:

As I remember, Chuck was standing on the left, you by his right.
You were laughing your arse off, and Chuck had a very unhappy annoyed
look about him. I don't know what was more annoying....him being called
"Charles" or YOU laughing at him.

I wish I had a video camera for moments like that.

DUDE! DE said hella! :lol:

Things like that Pantallica jam are what metal needs more of. I hate rap (well, I respect some underground hip-hop stuff), but the way rappers are always collaborating and doing guest appearances is awesome. Metal bands oughta do stuff like that more often.

Pyrus said:
Alright, now you guys are just being mean to those of us who've never met him.
that's not over :Spin: my turn :wave:

I finally met Chuck last summer during the gig in Warsaw - where Polish Legions got some special treatment THX to our DE.
He was really cool - i remember that we exchanged a couple of sentences - he was dead tired but he still listened patiently to me so i had a chance to tell him all i intended - which was: most of all thanking him for the music he makes and what a good day it was when i read his message on this very forum saying that doctors are 100% positive about his health. Then we agreed it generally was a good period (official DA reunion statement) we shook hands ... took a picture together
024.jpg
...and he went to the people waiting for him outside
- it was 2.30 in the night a LOT OF people waiting and he said to Walter "no problem i will sign&take photos with them all" - that was fuckin' awasome!!

generally that night we had a good chance to talk to all Testament members: with S.S about Polish roots :wave: :) , with J.T about his nick " the Storm" :Spin: remember Stevie D excited about xSuixTommyx Suicidal T-shirt&bandana

and then when we were about to go .... we wanted to have a pic with our DE so we gathered in one place for the foto ...and someone come with "hey i want to be on that one too!!!!" ...guess who was it ...Chuck:hotjump: