Testament Show Review from Sunday Night

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
First of all, much thanks to Ted AkA Thraxx for hooking it up. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let my friends in, so they made them pay. I'm sure it was a misunderstanding, most likely Jaxx's fault. They've always sucked. The show kicked ass. We started drinking at my apartment and were pretty tanked by the time we got to the show. I didn't want to start trouble at the door. My friend's from high school was onstage with the opening act. He plays bass in the band Kamelot. Er, I think. I saw him before Testament came on and he hooked it up with a free ticket to one of his headlining gigs. Testament was strong and sounded good. Alex S. shredded and Chuck sounded solid. Here are a few pics my friend took with my camera as I was in the pit the whole damned time. I can't remember the setlist but they played all the classics and a new song called Afterlife.

]
4lf5jqc.jpg

627shed.jpg

687pv08.jpg

67zq060.jpg

Rock on man. Always wanted to see them..as they are one of my favorite thrash bands, but they never come to Chicago. Sounds great man can't wait for the new album.