Testament tour dates 2008

Shadow298

UNLEASH THE GUAN
Sep 4, 2002
Without the Darkness
Visit site
take from the official forum here on Um.

09/25/08 The Arena - Brisbane, Australia
09/26/08 The Hi-Fi - Melbourne Australia
09/27/08 The Metro - Sydney, Australia

no word yet on whether they will add a Perth date but most likely not, as they seem to have a very packed tour time this year.

tickets supposedly through Ticketek and main national support will be Mortal Sin.:headbang::kickass:

I just bought The Formation of Damnation. Sounds rockin'! The book format it comes in is cool too. It's like the one Iced Earth did for Horror Show.

I am soo broke at the moment, damn interst rate blah blah blah... Anyhoo, only a couple more months of struggle and due for a payrise and finish payiong out a loan, then, I am gonna spend a fuckload on albums dammit!

The only date on the Mortals' MySpace is the Sydney show. It's been there since the middle of last year when they had it up as Testament, Death Angel and Overkill plus Armoured Angel and the venue as the Manning Bar. Oh, and that it was going to be in March.

I thought at the time that someone was being a little ambitious. :) But I only ask because I believe Picture the End is opening in Melbourne.

From the Ticketek website:

"West Coast thrash metal legends, Testament, are set to return to Australia for the first time in over a year in support of their latest release The Formation of Damnation. Australian metal acts Anarchsphere, State of Integrity, Picture the End, and Mortal Sin will perform in support."

Doesn't say where. I'm assuming they won't have four support acts at each show.

Ambitious indeed, though I would love to see Death Angel play down here!

I knew Anarchsphere were supports in Melb as a mates band "Sacrifire" played with them a couple of weeks ago, and apparently Testaments manager was their scoping them out. Actually, I will use this opportunity to give them a plug, http://www.myspace.com/sacrifire , give their songs a listen, I quite enjoy them. The bass player also plays in my band.

They don't sound too bad. I :lol:'d a little when I saw that their debut release is a recording of their first live gig. Do they think they are a bedroom black metal band, or something? :)

Also, does anyone else think it kind of amusing that a website would post a message on some obscure band's MySpace that said band was "mentioned" on their site. If I did that, I wouldn't have time to do anything else, ever. :lol:

And Anarchsphere is playing the Sydney show. PtE is opening in Melbourne.

Edit: Wow, they are doing the whole tour. Good for them. I notice Mark Wilkinson is their manager/booker and I'm pretty sure he's associated with the tour (he did the last Testament tour), so that would haved helped.

Their first gig happened to be recorded by a local TAFE Music Class as a project, and they were happy with how it turned out so they figured rather than piss about recording the same songs for a demo/ep, just roll with it. Fair enough.

It would have helped indeed. Pretty big opportunity to come their way. Nice one.