Testing My Lee Jackson preamp

Thanks for your picture !

well my GP-1000 was owned by a Guy from Norway (guitarist from The Triospheres) and alexi Laiho had playd on my GP-1000 when Alexi and Mr.Silver (the guitarist from The Triospheres)where doing a dual or something(dont know how its spelled) but the guy where i both it from had both it from someone in the USA .
when mr.silver got his amp from the USA he brought it to a Electrician and that guy putted a 220V Transmitter or Transformator in it (Explain it to your Electrician that you want to have it from 110V to 220V and he will understands it! and does his work ) and so i ended up with my 220V GP-1000 :p

Why is everyone saying you cant use a gainboost with an active? That makes absolutely no sense. It wont go "out of control" because actives are quieter anyways (even though they sound like ass). The EMG PA2 is designed to work with their actives too. Even with an 81 you're going to need a gainboost with the Perfect connection preamp. The EQ on the thing does absolutely NOTHING so you have to have a separate one as well. And instead of a "gainboost" (which everyone wants solely because Alexi had one) you might as well just get an overdrive pedal, which I guess you will now when you find out that Alexi uses a boss SD1 in lieu of his gainbooster with the blackout and his Krank. Roope has also used an SD1 for some time. And how exactly is the billion year old intellifex better than the new xpressions? If they were analog that wouldn't be hard to believe but they're digital right?

And how exactly is the billion year old intellifex better than the new xpressions? If they were analog that wouldn't be hard to believe but they're digital right?

Better is not always good. Its the sound thats most importment, not the price or something else.
A Diezel VH4 might be better then a GP1000 but i still prefer the sound of the GP1000.

Better is not always good. Its the sound thats most importment, not the price or something else.
A Diezel VH4 might be better then a GP1000 but i still prefer the sound of the GP1000.

Umm i was talking about effects and how people said digital technology got worse over time, not the amp itself...

Umm i was talking about effects and how people said digital technology got worse over time, not the amp itself...

And i was referring that you shouldnt judge on price or age, but on the sound that i creates. If alexi is happy with it, why would he change it to something different?

And i was referring that you shouldnt judge on price or age, but on the sound that i creates. If alexi is happy with it, why would he change it to something different?

digital effects should be judged on age, because due to technological advancements they should just keep getting better and better. And as to why he doesn't change it maybe he's just lazy. Last time I checked he didn't even use a computer, hes kinda behind on the times.

To mess around recording my new Lee Jackson GP-1000 pre-amp and to get more familiar with my new recording software, im in the process of recording a cover of the song Children of Bodom. Ive been recording all morning and only have the solos and vocals left to record that il probably do tomorow, but I wanted to post a tiny sample of my recording so far, to get any opinions or suggestions on the tone and mix of everything. Im used to using guitar modeling software and not actually micing up my amplifier so im still messing with mic placement and all that crap.

http://media.putfile.com/COB-Cover-sample

once i finish recording everything il probably post the whole thing

love the tone, song is recorded really great, except you played the intro wrong :p

what kinda mic you usin?