Testing out my new SCT700 mic. I need vocal training and a nice preamp! LOL

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/425433/first vocal test.mp3

Hi all! :D

I've just gotten this mic from a friend for just 100€ and I'm testing out how does it sound.
This is the first time I use a condenser microphone and it's fucking sensitive!! :OMG:
The bad thing is I plugged it to the only place I could right now... the Line6 UX1 mic preamp...
I can't express with words how much that pre's suck :erk:
And that's me trying to not suck at singing once again :lol:
Tell me what you think about it!

Best wishes!
-Erik

Ow, didn't know you could sing :) Sounds good! I would love to hear sligtly more reverb on the main vocaltrack, or perhaps an longer one, you know.. to give it that atmosphere, kinda like tha same approach Opeth has to clean vocals maby?

Loved it! :D

Be a men and put a death metal voice in there!lol Just joking. Sounds good, but yes a reverb will help improve the sound.

jejeje,si tiene cierto aire al antiguo cantante de scar symmetry,me gusta como vá quedando el rollito,le piensas meter voz más cañera y combinar los dos tipos de voces o vas a mantener la misma linea?,un saludo tío,está muy guapo,sonidazo!!!

Pretty good! It's not always on-key but hey! It's only a test so there's always room for improvement :) It does have a certain vibe to it and i'm liking it.

Some reverb does wonders indeed, certainly for the atmospheric music your making. It sounds a little to dry for that style. Personally i think you should make it a little brighter too