Texas, Secede!

infoterror

Apr 17, 2005
Centralization makes for government less adapted to local needs. When the locality is different enough from the area where central government is located, the central government becomes a tyrant.

Texas has always been independent-minded, and we don't normally agree with the politics of Washington. Localized government would help us do what is appropriate for our citizens. It would reduce the waste of vast bureaucracies, and let us tailor the laws to exactly what we need, eliminating fat. Further, we could develop our local economic and we would no longer be accountable for the political blunders of America, the bureaucratic entity.

Texas, Secede! We'll do it our own way, as we always have, with less cost and more reasonable government for our citizens. The centralized American government has gone too far, politically, and has gotten too big and too bureaucratic to handle our needs. We'll do it ourselves. Spread the word that Texas must be a free Nation again!

Go for it. Though it will be a sad day when those drive through liquor and gun stores are no longer part of the nation

Really? I was lied to then. I keep hearing that they exist. People who have been there keep telling me that they really are there. Maybe its all a vast conspiracy to show me for the idiot I am.

the irony that the current president is a Texan...

and that the US annexed Texas from Mexico, or does no one "remember the Alamo"?

i for one could care less what states secede. i'd be more questionable of those who join this union, for they marry arrogance, contempt, and bitter blind pride. i'd sooner see another civil war to show americans what their coveted flag once stood for.

Silent Song said:
the irony that the current president is a Texan...

and that the US annexed Texas from Mexico, or does no one "remember the Alamo"?

i for one could care less what states secede. i'd be more questionable of those who join this union, for they marry arrogance, contempt, and bitter blind pride. i'd sooner see another civil war to show americans what their coveted flag once stood for.

Annexed Texas from Mexico? Texas separated from Mexico same way the USA separated from Britain. And Mexico's claim to that land... dubious, at best.

The current president's family is FROM CONNECTICUT. Don't blame us for him.

I like rural texans. I also like hillbillies from the appalaichians. People in these parts are either wiggers or too faux urbane to talk to. Barbecue, homemade booze, and a shotgun or 3- ahh, the good life.

NeverIsForever said:
Good luck being sandwiched as a "free nation" between the United States and Mexico. I'm sure controlling the problem of illegal immigration will be much easier without federal funding :lol:

Actually, I think it will be much, much easier :)

Maybe if you shoot the immigrants...oh wait, that's probably what you're planning. Because after all they are non-Aryan scum :tickled:

edit: please note sarcasm, I don't agree AT ALL with infoterror's racial-superiority complex...

Politically speaking, that would be a pretty hard sell. Maybe not in Texas itself, but to your neighboring countries, particularly Mexico. Better not to piss off countries with a much larger population than yours has, wouldn't you think?

NeverIsForever said:
Good luck being sandwiched as a "free nation" between the United States and Mexico. I'm sure controlling the problem of illegal immigration will be much easier without federal funding :lol:

The federal funding given for that is far too low anyway, so if the state was to set up it's own government...in theory, it could set up a better system for controlling the immigration problem.

^ Good point that.

Even without the oil issue, I don't think the U.S. would want to let Texas loose. It wouldn't look very good to other nations if we're playing the role of "world policeman" (in Iraq for example) yet can't keep large sections of our own country under control...

it would probably be a good idea. after all, in 10 years texas will be a part of mexico anyways. this will simply make the trasition easier. after all, we don't need any more welfare states like texas stealing our tax dollars.

in all seriousness, if i were told a state had seceded, and then asked which i thought it was, i would be most inclined to say California. the one state isolated enough and with enough land *and* economy to make the prospect possible, as it once was before the US took over. if California became an island by natural land changes, i would not be surprised to hear a declaration of independence. and even barring that, they are already an island socially, an island that the public loves to mimic and idolize.

the alumnus said:
it would probably be a good idea. after all, in 10 years texas will be a part of mexico anyways. this will simply make the trasition easier. after all, we don't need any more welfare states like texas stealing our tax dollars.

I think a better solution would be to reform the welfare program so that people that need it can use it.

"Mexicans and wetbacks who are too fucking lazy to get a job" is not a qualification for welfare, and this describes about 95% of the people on welfare in Texas.

"in all seriousness, if i were told a state had seceded, and then asked which i thought it was, i would be most inclined to say California. the one state isolated enough and with enough land *and* economy to make the prospect possible, as it once was before the US took over. if California became an island by natural land changes, i would not be surprised to hear a declaration of independence. and even barring that, they are already an island socially, an island that the public loves to mimic and idolize."

Agreed. California is the only state with the capacity to secede. Being that it is the fifth largest economy in the world, it's basically it's own country. I'd hate to live in Texas. It's too hot, and the "redneck tough-guy" mentality there is stupid.

"Mexicans and wetbacks who are too fucking lazy to get a job" is not a qualification for welfare, and this describes about 95% of the people on welfare in Texas."

Your state just sucks, get over it.

The Devil's Steed said:
I think a better solution would be to reform the welfare program so that people that need it can use it.

"Mexicans and wetbacks who are too fucking lazy to get a job" is not a qualification for welfare, and this describes about 95% of the people on welfare in Texas.

How many Mexicans in your state percentage-wise are on welfare and without jobs?

As an aside I read recently, can't find the source, that the only American people Mexican immigrants take jobs away from are people who never graduated highschool. Thoughts if this is true? Should we care about idiot trash (,man I feel like a Bolshevik), or does it not matter?