Hey Republicans

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
Serious question here:

You Republicans are big supporters of local government as opposed to national government. You guys are always looking out for the rest of us because you are concerned with national government getting too big. (thanks for that, by the way, us dirty liberals have a problem trusting our government too much, and we also underestimate the importance of the right to bear arms).

However, I find it hypocritical that when the national government RAIDS an establishment that is legal according to local laws, you guys keep your mouths shut.

If your favorite channel, FOX News, were indeed a legit news station, then this would be BREAKING NEWS:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/27/BAAU1O9MLP.DTL

"Washington has too much power!!...Give the power back to the states!!!"...Why aren't you crying that about this story??

Us liberals might be dirty and ignorant but you guys are two-facedhypocrites.

"Government has too much power!" : "There needs to be laws preventing gay rights, abortion, and anything God says no to!"

"Government has too much regulation on business!" : Business is pretty much controlling government even with all the regulation.

I'd go on but there's no reason to, most Republicans are walking contradictions anyways. I have the same issue with Libertarians. And Liberals, lol.

Yes try living in Woodland Hills where I can name two places that were legal and following the rules, yet were raided within a week of each other by the LAPD, and are about 2-3 miles apart from eachother. Meanwhile all the places in the area that are way shadier but have power within the city and the LAPD keep their doors open.

If you ask me it's not a republican/democrat thing, it's a police department/local city residents thing. This is such a small issue on the radar that neither repubs nor dems give a fuck about it.

I think the whole republican democrat THING is a method from big business to unjustly classify and categorize people. Thus causing overall hatred just because one is a democrat or republican. It's all stupid. The government should let California do whatever it wants and not get nosey.
The government's "regulations" are a bit much.

If people stopped voting with their hearts and started voted with their brains then this would be a non-issue. As would many, many other issues. Just because you don't believe in gay marriage doesn't mean you should vote against it. Same with pot. And spending money on the military. And the right to bear arms.

If people stopped voting with their hearts and started voted with their brains

people vote on something because they have a selfish need or because they have adopted an opinion about something that has nothing to do with them. voting for anything in the united states is pointless. it's just another way to make the poor hopeful and keep the rich busy.

giving someone a "choice" to vote for or against something isn't really a choice at all. it just pits two ideas against each other in a country that is already divided and eventually the vote is determined on hairsplitting and not the case of what is actually right or wrong in any given situation.

people vote on something because they have a selfish need or because they have adopted an opinion about something that has nothing to do with them. voting for anything in the united states is pointless. it's just another way to make the poor hopeful and keep the rich busy.

giving someone a "choice" to vote for or against something isn't really a choice at all. it just pits two ideas against each other in a country that is already divided and eventually the vote is determined on hairsplitting and not the case of what is actually right or wrong in any given situation.

Please go on, i don't understand...are you saying that we shouldn't vote??

"What is actually right and wrong"

So tell me, what is actually right and wrong? Who can decide that in a way that everyone can agree on it?

It's also worth pointing out that the Democrats haven't actually been truly leftist since the 70's. The Reagan years all but killed the liberal (in a classical sense) movement and the Democratic party has been trying to inch its way back over but the effort is ultimately defeated by the two facts that liberals seek compromise while conservatives inherently reject it.

I really dislike the fact that Federal overrides State. In matters like medical marijuana especially. If the state is ok with it, that should be good enough.