What the fuck is this shit?!

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
Are you fucking kidding me?!!

Truly we are fucking idiots. Jesus Fucking Christ I am so upset right now. That's it, I'm fucking moving to Canada.

If you want to stop me from having an abortion, fine, I'll just wear a condom. If you want to carry guns, that's fine, just don't shoot me. Even if you want to start wars with other countries to make a profit, I can live with that, at least...well no, actually that's not very good......anyway, just stay the FUCK off my coast. You greedy sacks of shit, I hope you burn in hell. Seriously, FUCK YOU!!!! FUCK YOU, I'm so fucken pissed. Godddammmit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yell::confused::hotjump:

That is fucking despicable. Though I think of myself as fairly laissez-faire on both economic and social outlooks, I know where my limit is, and I wouldn't accept certain things such as this.

Imagine if they invested half the money spent in iraq on a quest for new clean energy. We'd probably all have garbage powered cars by now. Heh. Sam Harris said it best when he said we need to make a sort of manhattan project out of our search for clean energy.

If you want to carry guns, that's fine, just don't shoot me.
i take it you are referring to the republican bent towards laws that allow the average law-abiding citizen to carry handguns if they so choose and pass the requisite background check. see here's the thing... these are NOT the people you need to worry about shooting you. the people you need to worry about shooting you are the reason why those people want the right to carry guns themselves.

the funny thing to note about gun laws, is that only law-abiding people obey them. the people that would shoot you are not in that group.

i was one of three victims of a studio robbery in northern California several years ago. i owned a 9mm handgun at the time, and had it in a concealed holster in my waistband.... i walked next door to the unit adjacent to me where two guys had a small writing studio space... to get back a few mic stands they'd borrowed from me as i needed them for a session. the door opened and a guy i did not recognize opened the door and was very hostile toward me... another guy came from behind me on the walkway (he had been loading the car with equipment stolen from my neighbors) and shoved me from behind into the grasp of the guy inside... who promptly put a Tech-9 to my head and marched me to the back room, where my two neighbors were lying face down on the floor. they forced me to the floor, gun to the back of my head, and told me that i would be shot if i made a move or a sound. the 3 of us lie there looking at each other nervously after the 2 accomplices left the back room we were in....

the two pillaged the place, taking everything they could. one guy staying inside to make sure we didn't move while the other made multiple trips to their vehicle to load the stolen gear.

finally we heard the two discussing from the other room whether or not they should kill us, as we'd seen their faces. it was at that point that i carefully pulled out my gun, disengaged the safety, and cycled the slide as quietly as i could, to chamber a round... still not sure if they heard that... because suddenly we could not hear them... a few minutes went by with no sound from the other rooms.... i finally got up and checked. they were gone. we called the police and they were captured.... get this, their getaway car (that had been being driven by their girlfriends!!) broke down on our street. ha, idiots.

anyway, i never pulled that weapon until i heard them discussing whether or not they should kill us... that's when i made up my mind that if they returned to that room i would shoot them down, to defend my life and the lives of my two neighbors.

if any political party EVER tries to take away my right to carry a self-defense weapon should i choose to (and i don't often choose to, to be clear... only when i feel a bit unsafe, as i did in Oakland most all the damned time) i will fight against them, with my vote. should such restrictions pass to law, i will... as well many hundreds of thousands of others... become a criminal... as i was in Oakland that day, since i was not legal to carry the gun concealed... because i refuse to be told that i shall not have any recourse to defend myself from a gun-wielding criminal who will not obey any gun control laws anyway.

I consider myself a democrat when it comes down to it... although i really wanted Ron Paul to become our next president..., but i'lll Vote McCain in a quick minute if Obama doesn't back off his stance on legally owned guns.

history also compels me... one of the first things the nazis did was, "in the interest of public safety", to take away the German people's guns... the previously legally owned guns.

anyone who thinks gun laws will stop gun crime is delusional. see, that's the thing about criminals... they don't obey the law. it's kinda what makes 'em, you know... criminals. i wish all guns and weapons of every type would just disappear from the face of the planet. but that's not gonna happen, and i will not become a statistic, without a fight.

we have a "Castle" law here in Florida.. that states essentially that your home is your castle and you may defend it with deadly force if necessarry... basically, if someone breaks into your home, or trespasses on your property, and then threatens your safety or the safety of your family, you are righteous to blow them away.... and as there have been home invasion robberies within 8 miles of my home, i sit as i type this with a loaded .32 caliber revolver right in front of me, underneath my digi interfaces. try, just try, to make me feel bad or wrong about that.

sorry for the huge OT rant, but hey... you mentioned it. and yeah... boo on coastal drilling.

May I ask why you guys object to offshore drilling? Serious question here, no sarcasm. I'd like to hear some reasonable answers and not just rants. I'm really very curious.

And to James, I'm glad there is someone on the forums who shares my feelings. I'm sorry you had to experience something so terrifying, but I commend you for your bravey and for you wanting to protect your friends. Unfortunately in NJ, if I was to shoot an intruder, I would be looking at a long trial. Not just the scumbag criminal down the street from Paterson (one of the worst in NJ), but ME. The responsible, full-time working, tax paying citizen. I'm not saying I would draw a weapon and immediately shoot an assailant, but our self-defense laws are a bit whacky.

A couple of weeks ago we are pretty sure a lady tried to break into my neighbors house...in the afternoon! Daylight, people around, WTF? She first asks for "directions", and then proceeds to prop up a chair on the side of the house and starts peeking in the windows. Gee, I wonder what she was looking for. My neighborhood is also generally pretty safe. I guess people are becoming hip to the fact that they have nice suburban folk living just a 5 minute drive from the ghetto. It's not going to be safe here anymore, I can guarantee it. Give it 5-10 years.

I will still be defending myself with my piece if someone is to break into my house. Whether it's by simply by letting the intruder know that I have it, or firing it while he raises his towards me. I'll endure a trial to save the lives of my family.

Now, to decide...Sig Sauer or H&K???

:)

-Joe

May I ask why you guys object to offshore drilling? Serious question here, no sarcasm. I'd like to hear some reasonable answers and not just rants. I'm really very curious.

I'm curious how offshore became such a big deal when there is well over 68 million acres of federal lands with oil under them that are currently under lease to oil companies-- and no one is drilling them.

I'm curious how offshore became such a big deal when there is well over 68 million acres of federal lands with oil under them that are currently under lease to oil companies-- and no one is drilling them.

And it sounds cliche, butttttttt...it would help us end our dependance on foreign oil, correct? And give our fragile economy a boost, me thinks.

-Joe

shit man that sucks!
Only been to oakland once and fuck, if i lived there id probably carry a gun!

Guns dont kill people, Rappers do

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is why offshore and not those other 68 million acres, tho.

Ah, gotcha. I could be confusing the two...It is still morning and my coffee has yet to kick in.

I can see the consequences that off shore would have on marine life and such, but surely there can be a minimalist approach to it. I mean, one that wouldn't have SUCH a dramtic effect on the environment.

-Joe

i take it you are referring to the republican bent towards laws that allow the average law-abiding citizen to carry handguns if they so choose and pass the requisite background check. see here's the thing... these are NOT the people you need to worry about shooting you. the people you need to worry about shooting you are the reason why those people want the right to carry guns themselves.

the funny thing to note about gun laws, is that only law-abiding people obey them. the people that would shoot you are not in that group.

i was one of three victims of a studio robbery in northern California several years ago. i owned a 9mm handgun at the time, and had it in a concealed holster in my waistband.... i walked next door to the unit adjacent to me where two guys had a small writing studio space... to get back a few mic stands they'd borrowed from me as i needed them for a session. the door opened and a guy i did not recognize opened the door and was very hostile toward me... another guy came from behind me on the walkway (he had been loading the car with equipment stolen from my neighbors) and shoved me from behind into the grasp of the guy inside... who promptly put a Tech-9 to my head and marched me to the back room, where my two neighbors were lying face down on the floor. they forced me to the floor, gun to the back of my head, and told me that i would be shot if i made a move or a sound. the 3 of us lie there looking at each other nervously after the 2 accomplices left the back room we were in....

the two pillaged the place, taking everything they could. one guy staying inside to make sure we didn't move while the other made multiple trips to their vehicle to load the stolen gear.

finally we heard the two discussing from the other room whether or not they should kill us, as we'd seen their faces. it was at that point that i carefully pulled out my gun, disengaged the safety, and cycled the slide as quietly as i could, to chamber a round... still not sure if they heard that... because suddenly we could not hear them... a few minutes went by with no sound from the other rooms.... i finally got up and checked. they were gone. we called the police and they were captured.... get this, their getaway car (that had been being driven by their girlfriends!!) broke down on our street. ha, idiots.

anyway, i never pulled that weapon until i heard them discussing whether or not they should kill us... that's when i made up my mind that if they returned to that room i would shoot them down, to defend my life and the lives of my two neighbors.

if any political party EVER tries to take away my right to carry a self-defense weapon should i choose to (and i don't often choose to, to be clear... only when i feel a bit unsafe, as i did in Oakland most all the damned time) i will fight against them, with my vote. should such restrictions pass to law, i will... as well many hundreds of thousands of others... become a criminal... as i was in Oakland that day, since i was not legal to carry the gun concealed... because i refuse to be told that i shall not have any recourse to defend myself from a gun-wielding criminal who will not obey any gun control laws anyway.

I consider myself a democrat when it comes down to it... although i really wanted Ron Paul to become our next president..., but i'lll Vote McCain in a quick minute if Obama doesn't back off his stance on legally owned guns.

history also compels me... one of the first things the nazis did was, "in the interest of public safety", to take away the German people's guns... the previously legally owned guns.

anyone who thinks gun laws will stop gun crime is delusional. see, that's the thing about criminals... they don't obey the law. it's kinda what makes 'em, you know... criminals. i wish all guns and weapons of every type would just disappear from the face of the planet. but that's not gonna happen, and i will not become a statistic, without a fight.

we have a "Castle" law here in Florida.. that states essentially that your home is your castle and you may defend it with deadly force if necessarry... basically, if someone breaks into your home, or trespasses on your property, and then threatens your safety or the safety of your family, you are righteous to blow them away.... and as there have been home invasion robberies within 8 miles of my home, i sit as i type this with a loaded .32 caliber revolver right in front of me, underneath my digi interfaces. try, just try, to make me feel bad or wrong about that.

sorry for the huge OT rant, but hey... you mentioned it. and yeah... boo on coastal drilling.

Thats a very good (as in well put) story and definitely makes me see the argument from the side you dont often hear. I live in The UK so its not really a big deal here...yet...but where do you stand on the availability of guns then which as Michael Moore highlighted, was quite widespread?

Im purely playing devils advocate here and wish to know your views after having read your story.

Thats a very good (as in well put) story and definitely makes me see the argument from the side you dont often hear. I live in The UK so its not really a big deal here...yet...but where do you stand on the availability of guns then which as Michael Moore highlighted, was quite widespread?

Im purely playing devils advocate here and wish to know your views after having read your story.

I know you weren't speaking to me, but if I may interject...you'll have to excuse me, it's a VERY slow day at work.

First, I wouldn't really trust Michael Moore to form any opinions on the matter. He has a tendency to convey information based on taking things out of context or just simply showing the bad side of gun ownership. I'm really not a fan of his. He profits off this kind of thing which makes it worse for me. Anyway, back on topic.

In our country, gun ownership laws vary like crazy from state to state. To obtain my permit, I needed to fill out a waiver for them to check my mental health records (no problem with that, I'm all for it), get finger printed, and wait over a month for it to be processed.

In the midwest, I'm pretty sure you don't need any sort of permit anywhere. Maybe a concealed carry permit. To me, restricting gun ownership is tricky. You can do a psych evaluation, limit the amount of guns someone can own, or restrict certain types of guns. In the end, if an individual is so fucked in the head and wants to kill...they will.

With the case of these school shootings, I think ALL schools can benefit from metal detectors and stricter security. Yes, they are expensive, but they can assure that nobody will bring any kind of weapon into a school, or any other public/private establishment with lots of people. It isn't a full proof plan, but what is?

I work in a law enforcement establishment in Newark, NJ...again one of the worst cities in the state lol. I have to walk through a detector every day. No problem whatsoever. Empty your pockets, walk through, finished!

Just my $.02. Instead of restricting who can buy which weapon, at what age...safeguard the establishment itself so the said person cannot bring weapons in.

-Joe

Where as here in the UK weve had a high profile case a few years back where a farmer, after being burgled for the third time shot at his intruder and actually went to prison for it!!

Where as here in the UK weve had a high profile case a few years back where a farmer, after being burgled for the third time shot at his intruder and actually went to prison for it!!

Pretty fucked, isn't it?

Also, from what I understand, in the U.K. you can't have semi-auto weapons either? I don't care about full auto, I don't plan on going on a spree any time, ever. But, even rifles intended for semi-auto are manufactured so you need to chamber each round?

This might just be on long-arms, I'm not sure.

-Joe

I know you weren't speaking to me, but if I may interject...you'll have to excuse me, it's a VERY slow day at work.

First, I wouldn't really trust Michael Moore to form any opinions on the matter. He has a tendency to convey information based on taking things out of context or just simply showing the bad side of gun ownership. I'm really not a fan of his. He profits off this kind of thing which makes it worse for me. Anyway, back on topic.

In our country, gun ownership laws vary like crazy from state to state. To obtain my permit, I needed to fill out a waiver for them to check my mental health records (no problem with that, I'm all for it), get finger printed, and wait over a month for it to be processed.

In the midwest, I'm pretty sure you don't need any sort of permit anywhere. Maybe a concealed carry permit. To me, restricting gun ownership is tricky. You can do a psych evaluation, limit the amount of guns someone can own, or restrict certain types of guns. In the end, if an individual is so fucked in the head and wants to kill...they will.

With the case of these school shootings, I think ALL schools can benefit from metal detectors and stricter security. Yes, they are expensive, but they can assure that nobody will bring any kind of weapon into a school, or any other public/private establishment with lots of people. It isn't a full proof plan, but what is?

I work in a law enforcement establishment in Newark, NJ...again one of the worst cities in the state lol. I have to walk through a detector every day. No problem whatsoever. Empty your pockets, walk through, finished!

Just my $.02. Instead of restricting who can buy which weapon, at what age...safeguard the establishment itself so the said person cannot bring weapons in.

-Joe

That was a good post. Thanks for making things clearer. I wasnt aware that there were different state laws re guns. Surely to god you'd think they would have a law that is the same everywhere huh?

That was a good post. Thanks for making things clearer. I wasnt aware that there were different state laws re guns. Surely to god you'd think they would have a law that is the same everywhere huh?

Well, it's a bit complicated since the country is so big and each state has different crime rates and such. For example, here in NJ there are plenty of nice neighborhoods, but plenty of shitty ones with lots of gang activity. You can see why they would have stricter gun laws here, ya know?

-Joe