What the fuck is with drummers attitudes towards recording?

In fact I read an article with a drummer I EDITED SEVERELY on an entire album, say in the interview that he "never lets anyone edit my drums, and no samples". Straight up lying, but people read that and take it as fact.

Ah, that's nasty... but it's not even rare.

The drummer whose performances I edited the very most in my life, without a shadow of a doubt, went on to offer drum lessons once the CD came out.

I always go on about how our input shapes the industry, how we are accountable to future generations etc. etc. So seeing that happen broke me in some fundamental way. You hope on some level that people have perspective... that those back breaking days of tracking failure takes will cause them to come to a realization. But it's like when that final, polished record comes out they are just a listener again. They are just as impressionable to what it communicates as anybody else, and almost clueless as to what went into it.

Kind of explains why the elections keep swinging back and forth between parties.

Glenn Fricker said:
Have him come in close to final mixes, once you've got things sounding good, and leave one small, easily fixable flaw that's painfully obvious. He'll comment on it, you'll fix it & he'll be happy because he made a contribution.

That's one of the best lines I've read all year. Only years of working with people with the IQ of toddlers will ensure someone takes on such an exploitative and demeaning psychological tactic. Sad thing is that it works, much like the phantom fader.

Uhmmm... Don't fucking tell them what your doing?

Dumbasses wont know the difference anyways. I don't let people do anything more than look at the computer screen with all of the nice colors. Don't bring up drumagog or any of that shit, just don't tell them if it's going to be like that. Do you let them watch you mix? That's gotta be awkward. "Uh... yea, im just uh... tuning your fucking shit voice and snapping your guitars to the grid cause you blow. And your drummer sucks bawls, shit can't even be edited." That should shut them up.

Yeah drummers wont know what you did to their drums at all when they listen to the final product, they won't know if you edited/replaced them...so just don't tell them.