Texas, Secede!

The Devil's Steed said:
I think a better solution would be to reform the welfare program so that people that need it can use it.

"Mexicans and wetbacks who are too fucking lazy to get a job" is not a qualification for welfare, and this describes about 95% of the people on welfare in Texas.

no, you don't understand. its not that there are alot of people on welfare in texas. its that texas itself is one huge welfare state. texas, like all red states, gets more tax dollars from the government than they pay in. therefore the state itself is a welfare recipient. cut them loose, i say. watch how fast they become bankrupt.

NeverIsForever said:
Maybe if you shoot the immigrants...oh wait, that's probably what you're planning. Because after all they are non-Aryan scum :tickled:

edit: please note sarcasm, I don't agree AT ALL with infoterror's racial-superiority complex...

Politically speaking, that would be a pretty hard sell. Maybe not in Texas itself, but to your neighboring countries, particularly Mexico. Better not to piss off countries with a much larger population than yours has, wouldn't you think?

No, that wasn't my idea at all.

Without federal intervention, we would not be required to hire/promote non-whites.

Most white people prefer their own.

A peaceful separation would be achieved.

If Mexico couldn't handle that, well, they've never won a war :)

10293847 said:
"in all seriousness, if i were told a state had seceded, and then asked which i thought it was, i would be most inclined to say California. the one state isolated enough and with enough land *and* economy to make the prospect possible, as it once was before the US took over. if California became an island by natural land changes, i would not be surprised to hear a declaration of independence. and even barring that, they are already an island socially, an island that the public loves to mimic and idolize."

Agreed. California is the only state with the capacity to secede. Being that it is the fifth largest economy in the world, it's basically it's own country. I'd hate to live in Texas. It's too hot, and the "redneck tough-guy" mentality there is stupid.

"Mexicans and wetbacks who are too fucking lazy to get a job" is not a qualification for welfare, and this describes about 95% of the people on welfare in Texas."

Your state just sucks, get over it.

You seem to know nothing about the state, yet claim that it sucks. Good job. :wave:

RookParliament said:
How many Mexicans in your state percentage-wise are on welfare and without jobs?

As an aside I read recently, can't find the source, that the only American people Mexican immigrants take jobs away from are people who never graduated highschool. Thoughts if this is true? Should we care about idiot trash (,man I feel like a Bolshevik), or does it not matter?

I haven't looked at the figures to give you an exact percent...however, if you live here for a while you see that it's pretty much being done everywhere.

This isn't necessarily true. Most of them take minimum wage jobs, however, that doesn't mean it's only jobs someone that didn't finish high school would get. Many of those jobs would go to working members of the community who simply lost their job recently or what not. That aside, it's a problem simply because if someone is an illegal immigrant they shouldn't be here, much less be given a job.

the alumnus said:
no, you don't understand. its not that there are alot of people on welfare in texas. its that texas itself is one huge welfare state. texas, like all red states, gets more tax dollars from the government than they pay in. therefore the state itself is a welfare recipient. cut them loose, i say. watch how fast they become bankrupt.

Do you have any link to a valid source showing this? The concept that "all red states" have this problem seems unlikely.

"You seem to know nothing about the state, yet claim that it sucks. Good job."

No, I think i've hit the nail right on the head, given your insubstantial reaction.

10293847 said:

No, I think i've hit the nail right on the head, given your insubstantial reaction.

That requires that he in turn have absolute knowledge of Texas... unlikely.

The Devil's Steed said:
Do you have any link to a valid source showing this? The concept that "all red states" have this problem seems unlikely.

http://www.topalli.com/blue/tax.html

not every single red state, but enough to make the generalization. however, given the ever diminishing amount of oil reserves in texas, the long lasting drought, i see no future for texas economically without massive federal wealth tranfer from my state. so long texas!

10293847 said:

Let's see. You bitch about the temperature which is something completely relative, and you complain about a "redneck tough guy attitude" which is for the most part, non-existant.

Seeing as you haven't listed any real criteria for why it sucks, you have no place making the claim.

This is not the point. Who thinks Texas (and any other state that wants it?) should secede? I give an aye answer

Being that i've driven through Texas and have come across people who do, in fact, have that "tough-guy redneck attitude", I think my statement is accurate. Sure, there are exceptions, but I didn't come across many. I'm only speaking from experience.

And lets face it, Texas is normally really hot. Not fun weather to walk around in.

I don't really care if Texas secedes, since I don't live there. But if I did, I wouldn't.

10293847 said:
Being that i've driven through Texas and have come across people who do, in fact, have that "tough-guy redneck attitude", I think my statement is accurate.

It's a question of percentages. I found more rednecks in California, and more decent country folk in Texas. Then again, I've met some very decent rednecks, and some of them are friends, so...