Thank you Katatonia!

the_holy_ferret

New Metal Member
May 6, 2011
I've never posted here before, but am somewhat compelled to by tonight's amazing gig!

The show in London was hands down the best gig I've ever been too. Amazing, amazing performance. The band were the nicest bunch of guys too and signed my new Night is the New Day vinyl.

Incredible, incredible show, which I got to enjoy from the front row :eek:) Can't wait for the DVD!

Thanks so much guys

I've never posted here before, but am somewhat compelled to by tonight's amazing gig!

The show in London was hands down the best gig I've ever been too. Amazing, amazing performance. The band were the nicest bunch of guys too and signed my new Night is the New Day vinyl.

Incredible, incredible show, which I got to enjoy from the front row :eek:) Can't wait for the DVD!

Thanks so much guys

Ditto, it was an amazing day :headbang:

The last night show was kickass .... the band and everyone in the first row was headbanging in the same freaquency , when i met the band i had a lot to say , about how your music has been such an amazing influence on the past years in my life , how Jonas's lyrics and vocals are amazing simple yet , how much he likes to play lead , wanted to tell Blackhiem that hes superb and love his work in Katatonia and Diabolical Masquerade, you have been amazing Katatonia and everyone of the venue was hospitable and kind including the band ... what a performance ....a month of gigs like this and ill end up as tom araya :p .... but anyhow .. THANKYOU FOR EXISTING KATATONIA THANK FOR EVERY SINGLE BEAUTIFUL NOTE THAT YOU CREATE

Agree totally the gig was excellent. The performance was superb and a great set. There were a couple of songs I would have loved to have seen live but Most bases were covered.

The VIP bit was good as well. I was also at the Paradise Lost Draconian Times VIP event last month, that was a bit more laid back but nowhere near as much access the band, at that 1 you stood in a line for the autographs and again to get a photo taken. With Katatonia you had much more access. Although the guy come off strict he organised it very well and ensured it ran smoothly.

Really need to read that Tour Programme. Was much more than I was expecting it to be. I expected massive pictures and very little text but a good commentary of their history which appears to be quite detailed. A lot of work went into that.

I should also say, much respect to my fellow metalhead's that night. There was no bullshit crowd surfing, no pit-ninja's, just everyone there havin' a good time. I met people who'd travelled from all over the world - Russia, the USA, Greece, just to come to this one gig. That's dedication there. The whole night just made me really proud to be a metal fan. It was a fantastic night. :headbang:

Hey Ferret, this is Nathan- I got your email and I'm currently trying to get our brothers in grimness linked together. xxxdeadmunkxxx looks like Jan, and I have contact information for everyone but Eli and Serge. I have made myself searchable on Facebook and have a grim profile pic so I should be easy to find if either of you see this.

Yes, it was absolutely a fantastic show, -THANK YOU VERY MUCH, KATATONIA!!-

I wish I were able to have put into words, in person at the meet and greet, how much I appreciate the music - which we all can personally relate to- which puts in a complete and beautiful way the quiet suffering and frustration we privately undergo- and know that we are not alone. Katatonia is a truly personal, spiritual experience. But... I was too honored to be in your presence at the meet and greet (just like the one before in Milwaukee) to be able to say any of this. One of these times...

Also- thank you for everything in the VIP package- we absolutely loved being able to see the soundcheck, the vinyl (white is the new black!) and all the other merch, and the early entry. It means so much to your extremely dedicated fans. And… Thank you for the setlist which you made… just for us.

Thank you for Brave! Thank you for Dissolving Bonds! Thank you for I Break! Thank you for The Promise of Deceit! And Anthony finally got his way with Wait Outside (thank you!), so I guess it’s my turn to now start begging for Sulfur when you play in the US next… there is hope.

Thank you again, we will meet again! Happy birthday, Katatonia!