Thank You to everyone that came to Paladino's!

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
:headbang: Thank You to EVERYONE who came to Paladino's last night! That was one great crowd! The largest crowd we've ever had at this club! Damn! :worship: Iron Maiden fanatics are die-hard and so very supportive of this music! Thank you so so so much for making the shows so much fun! We look forward to our return to Paladinos! See y'all again at our little home in the valley soon, as well as other cities! :)

And of course I'd love to thank our crew and manager for making it all run smoothly. We couldn't do it without you guys!

This was our setlist for those of you who are curious:

Ides of March
Wrathchild
2 Minutes to Midnight
Phantom of the Opera
Die With Your Boots On
Running Free
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare
Trooper
Powerslave
Children of the Damned
Iron Maiden

:wave:

holy shit. iron maiden is my all time by far favorite band ever!!! i love every song, every album, everything!! ive been to gimme ed tour and dod tour, cos im only 13 and wasnt albe to go see bnw. man, are you really nicko mcbrain?!?! im a drummer as well, and nicko, you are my biggest influence and my idol. i hope to be in a band like you someday, and hope to oneday meet you and the guys. im a die hard fan, i wish i coulda been there. i have all albums, dvds/vhs, many shirts and sweatshirts, mugs, posters......i love iron maiden. they never cease to amaze. i just cant put into the words the feelings i get from the music.

cheers!
//greg \m/

No-Mercy said:
holy shit. ...man, are you really nicko mcbrain?!?! im a drummer as well, and nicko, you are my biggest influence and my idol.
//greg \m/

This message board is devoted to THE Iron MaidenS, not the actual Iron Maiden.
She is Nikki McBURRain, not Nicko

Thanks MaidenS for another great show. :headbang:

Question, who was that guy playing that flute thingy off the left side of the stage?

Geez, it seems like it has been awhile since I've had a chance to see a Maidens show... thanks for another great time ladies! My buddy and I made our first venture beyond the Orange Curtain up to the famous Paladino's and were not disappointed. Fun club with cool people in it... and great show!

Lights Out (UFO tribute) was awesome! Look forward to seeing them again... met Frank from Empyre in the audience (if you like the Ryche, you owe it to yourself to check Empyre out... Frank is the vocal spitting image of Tate... QR is at HOB this week! Sweet!!! Sold Out... damn!).

It was cool to chat for a few with Sara and Jojo and Jeff Milne (the man!)before the show... you ladies all looked great and happy... was front and center most of the show right behind the dude with the camcorder... great sound from there... harmonic guitars on Phantom of the Opera was excellent!... this was the first time I heard the Maidens play Running Free... a very close Live After Death rendition with audience participation:cool:... (a good crowd, but the right hand side was louder)... was just waiting for Aja to say "now's your chance to go in for the kill... sing their asses out that wall!":tickled: Also first time to see Aja sing Powerslave and what a cool mummy Eddie!... saw and wondered at the flute guy on MiniMurray's side of the stage... and the teeth guy???...

Stoked to hear about the upcoming Galaxy show! Can't wait to see the Maidens in OC again!
Up the Irons!:headbang:

Quite the set list, I don't know a few of them, but I do know most of those songs and they're quite difficult and very involved, when all the pieces are there and on time with energy, then it's right on no matter how they're played. Those are the kind of tunes that will put a void in your eyes... he he, he..

RoboCaster said:
Quite the set list, I don't know a few of them, but I do know most of those songs and they're quite difficult and very involved, when all the pieces are there and on time with rhythmical energy, then it's right on no matter how they're played or scales transplanted as long the theory is applied with the 7 rules of soloing. Those are the kind of tunes that will put a void in your eyes... he he, he..

Updated the text above in order to clarify my meaning.

Iron Maiden is a good choice of bands to emulate, due to the fact that all aspire to solo like that, it’s the ultimate, really. I can remember when I thought the solo to “What’s Your Name”, was fancy, but now yea it’s okay but nothing like what I can do now after playing Maiden for a couple of years.

Girls do me a favor if you will..

The Maiden songs as well as the soloing have the great theory applications in that they have stories with beginnings, middles, ends and conclusions, but with a perfect mixture of tension and un-resolved anticipation. I love ‘em next time one of you talk to Adrian tell him I said “I love you man, thanks for making the music!”..