THANK YOU!

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Guys,

It´s tomorrow. In about 9 hours, Zoe will be on the OR having her left hip fixed. I talked to the doctor today (he´s already here), and he said the surgery will be a bit more complex than it was expected due to some annomalies she has on her left femur, all being due to the luxation. The surgery should take around 6 hours, and she may need to go to the ICU for a one night stand, but this will be seen during the surgery. Her left femur will also need to be shortened to reduce stress on the articulation, but even then, the difference in lenght will be shorter than now.

Anyway, I want to thank every one of you who donated, preyed, sent good energy, whatever. When I posted here, a little less than two months ago, we were both completely clueless on what to do, how to find money. I dont know who started the whole thing, and to be honest, I dont care. How you handled it and helped handle it gave us energy to be able to get the rest of the money on garage sales, looking for local donations, asking on the radio, tv, whatever. You guys pushed us, and we didnt back out. We achieved a good amount of money and what´s left, we will ´forward´ to a little 12yo local child that has a brain tumor and lost most of his legs/arms movements, and has trouble to talk. I hope you guys dont mind this.

So, thank you for everyone of you guys who did ANYTHING. I wish I give each one of you a big warm hug. Today I cried while driving home thinking of all this. My family is the most important thing to me and since her life on the uterus i gave all the care all could give to her, so she´s like..the msot important thing ever.

On behalf on me, Izabela, Zoe and Alice, I thank each one of you guys one more time. Thanks guys!

Ivan

I think it's fantastic that you will actually have leftover money to pass on to someone else in need- very cool, and very generous of you. I have no problem with that whatsoever and I can't imagine that anyone else will either. Glad I was able to contribute!

Everything will be great Ivan. Don't even sweat the ICU part of it, thats almost common procedure after a surgery. Zoe will do just fine. Best wishes to you and your whole family. I'm very happy to have been able to help in whatever small way I could and I love the fact that you guys will also be helping out someone else. Just give us a little update after all is said and done and things have gotten back to normal for you all.

Cheers!

Ivan,

Brother I applaud your strength through all of this! There is more cash coming...lol

Also keep in mind there will be medical expenses after the surgery in order to keep everything in line, and keep her healthy. Use the money as you see fit. I am happy we were all able to help, and Kudos to everyone who donated money, songs, prayers, well wishes.

This place truly fucking rocks!!

Do I mind?
Hell no, you've got a big heart man, you should only feel better for this:headbang:

Nothing but well wishes from here man!
This is what i love about the sneap-forum. :)

So glad I could participate in this, even if it was in a small way, we collectively did a huge thing here. fucking incredible. good luck to you man, hope the surgery is flawless.

I hoped we'd be able to breach the 4k barrier..... but we were really close ;)
I'm really glad you managed to come up with the rest (which was still a really big chunk)
Hoping the best for Zoe's quick recovery after the surgery, keep us updated.

I hope everything went well, best wishes man. About the ICU part, that's pretty
normal after most surgery, when I had a surgery on my elbow 2 years ago (broke
it into 3 pieces) I had to stay a night at the ICU and it wasn't a real bad surgery
just to fix up some broken bones in one hour.
Talked to a good friend of mine about all of this a few days ago and he said it would
be totally normal to stay a night at the ICU and he's a surgeon ;)

Pretty awesome from you to help the other child with the left-over money!

I am still sorry that I couldn't spend something but atm it didn't work out very
well for me moneywise, my bank account still shows me a negative number since
2 months.

Best wishes and good luck to you and your family!!!

Thats great that things are happening now, I'm sure everything will go well dude \m/

There are no other forums were they would get together and help a fellow member, this is why the sneap forum is still the best :D

Wish you and your family all the best Ivan, hopefully everything will be fine.
Great move to pass on the leftovers!

Guys, the surgery was a success!

We missed the time to be on the hospital (we needed to be there at 6am, we woke up at 6:15am!), we had a big scare (a hospital employee telling us to go to the OR because the doctors wanted to talk to us - he said that very funeral-faced), so our nerves were completely ...I dont know what word to use! :) Well, the surgery was expect to last 6 hours, it took only 3 hours, Zoe's femoral head had a nice spheric form, the hip had a tight adjustment and she only got only leg on the cast. The doctor explained us that her femur had a congenital defect that made the femoral head point to the opposite side it should've pointed. So he basically, cut the bone, spun the femoral head, made the necessary adjustments on the hip, and it was done - not so simple but you get the point. It was still a very complex surgery, re-arranging her whole hip area, cutting the bone is places, but it was not as complicated as expected.

She's feeling kinda dizzy atm, but otherwise she's great. It is possible she'll be back at home by sunday, and we're all excited by that.

I'll keep you guys updated on the next couple days :)

Cheers
Ivan