Thanks to the Chicago Powerfest!!

Nov 15, 2004
UK
www.biomechanical.co.uk
Just recovered….(deep breath)

Now that was one kick ass festival!!! To all who read this post don’t neglect this Metal event. It’s awesome!!

Arrived there on Thursday. After a short trip to the hotel we went to the club that the festival was hosted last year.
Was an awesome little pub that has great musical history. Many bands have played there including Panic Cell’s butt buddies Disturbed (only kidding):p . We were still in a weird mode trying to get to know each other so we just chilled with extra amazing food from the pub. Barbecue Burger aaarrrrrrr (drooling).
Weird thing was , there was a jukebox in there and people were choosing tracks all the time. So there was a great rotation of metal. But the damn thing was selecting songs automatically. So there you have it. A room full of metal heads and what song kicks in? Fucking BARBIE GIRL!! Priceless. About four bands plus fans and all you hear from the speakers is: ‘Come on Barbie Let’s go Party’ . XL-END stuff. Totally Spinal Tap moment there!!:lol: :lol:

On Friday we heard great bands including Grace point (fuck me what a great band!!) and Agent Steel also gave an awesome performance with a lot of horns being thrown in the air for them. Their singer sent me an e-mail telling me how much he loves the new album which was a great honour and he wasn’t joking. He was in the audience singing all the lyrics (better than me too, bastard:p )! I felt kindda awkward having to play after those guys. They have a huge history behind them and we are only new. After us Eldritch hit the stage and played a really good set.
After the show we hit the after show party at the hotel.
Oh the Jaeger did flow plenty for a fellow band member (legend has it he had 50 shots).
In the party we met we a lot of people who travelled from all over the place to see Biomechanical.
We were totally blown away by that. Also from the reactions I felt happy we didn’t let the fans down and we gave 100% on the performance.

Second day after the biggest burger (real) I had in my life (fuck me you guys!! That was massive) we watched a succession of great bands, the show ended with Nocturnal Rites who totally impressed me with their professionalism and their polished performance! Great stuff. Morgana Lefay weren’t that lucky. First track the fucking string broke and the singer had a bug which made him run for the bucket right after the last track. I gotta give it to him. He did a great job considering he was feeling crap.

Second day party didn’t go as expected when a Robocop like policeman broke in turned off the stereo and told us ‘you have 30 seconds to comply’ he then told us all to go for our night cream and moisturisers.
I mean that was a bit gay but fuck it. There is always breakfast!!! :heh:

All in all it was a great experience and as I said before we were blown away by the fact that a lot of people travelled long distances to see the band. So a huge thanks goes to them big fucking time!!!:kickass:

Also a mega thanks to John Coyne for getting us to the US and driving us around (because of him we will open the official SHITFUCK club and the John Coyne appreciation society, the man is a legend!!!):worship:
Chris thanks dude, your band rules too and also huge thanks to Alina for not losing the plot after she realised the merch girl was gone and the shit did hit the fan big time, and also for driving us around and Matt to Chicago.
She is a real pro through and through.
Angela for the Vodka (life saver), the crew and all who helped for this gig and the guys from all the bands for the good time!!!:headbang: :headbang:

*hug*

You are VERY VERY welcome for everything. I realllllllly swear you guys kept my head on straight as did Eldritch. I am sooooooo sorry it's taken me this long to post on here... Go see the other thread I made with the review/photos and you'll understand why. :) But man, I can't wait for you guys to get back here. This stuff you wrote here is hella funny!!! :D I still can't believe I managed to get you guys AND Eldritch all squished in that Durango. HA! Was all fun, for sure.

Squeak said:
*hug*

You are VERY VERY welcome for everything. I realllllllly swear you guys kept my head on straight as did Eldritch. I am sooooooo sorry it's taken me this long to post on here... Go see the other thread I made with the review/photos and you'll understand why. :) But man, I can't wait for you guys to get back here. This stuff you wrote here is hella funny!!! :D I still can't believe I managed to get you guys AND Eldritch all squished in that Durango. HA! Was all fun, for sure.

He he,

That's why I run the hell to the front seat of the car!! :heh: