that new DARK TRANQUILLITY album

Found the new one hard work. Just did nothing for me.

I enjoy everything up to and including Fiction.
yeah man, i agree

i find that "fiction" is the best executed version of all these 6 latest albums that sound identical. it's all the same stuff, it just happens to have better songwriting. i don't think there's a "blind at heart", an "inside the particle storm" or a "terminus" on the new one

Really enjoying the latest album. It's the easy/breezy/beautiful thing I was hoping for after Atoma.

I still have not heard Character, Fiction, We Are the Void, nor Construct. Some day, may be, soon.

i actually listened to it twice in the past week. it does nothing for me really. they sound tired.

i havent been able to really appreciate anything beyond Haven

Much like Atoma, I don't expect it to be played outside of driving/work situations. It is unremarkable and perfect for the background.

I have very low standards for Nowadays Brand New Music. If I want something Deep and/or Meaningful I return to the '60s and '90s.

Listening to it several times now, I realize that this album is 100% teen-girl-pop but with meedlies and growlies. Ariana Grande could've written these tunes (does she write her own songs?). This is like the Depeche Mode feels version of Avenged Sevenfold.

DM + A7X = DT

Somehow I still enjoy it. And also recognize that it sucks.

This new DT now encompasses everything from the past 11 yrs.

Listening to Atoma, and Im not seeing why I would listen to this over ANY other olden DT album. Why? If I wanted this vein of DT why not just throw on Haven or Damage Done? The clean vocals are interesting, but everything else is just a wilted rose blooming in a pile of shit. Shady Acres retirement home metal. Granted atleast its metal, which is better than most of their melo-drab ilk. I'll give it one Kikel and Heebert thumb up.

Edit-Threw on DD and this is kicking my ass. Yes there's a bit of nostalgia to it. I remember hopping on a bus to go buy this album at Tower Records. I can remember that day like its fooqin yesterday, despite it being a lifetime ago. All hail fn DT. (Except the new shit that makes me sad.)

DD, The Gallery, Skydancer>You

Last edited:
Reactions: MFJ
Yeah Damage Done is still a rockin' album. I remember when they released Monochromatic Stains as a single and it really grabbed my attention. In fact looking at their chronology this was probably the first DT album I properly enjoyed. Either this or The Gallery was my first.

agreed. then just wait 10 years, reunite, release a mediocre album and the tour offers will be through the roof

I can't get over Max's anecdote about Mikael Stanne's feral odor

it was truly something to behold. I haven’t cared about DT for several years, but they’re one of my favorite bands and I’m very grateful to have seen them at their (modern) peak. Awesome show.