That stage light...

hoodaman

Is it live or is it Dave?
Dec 19, 2006
you know the one. Strip light on the drum riser.

We had to leave tonight early into Rhapsody's set because we got ill looking at it.

Can anything be done about that?

Absolutely 100% awful light. My wife and I both have a headache from that damn light!
Rhapsody AND Circle II Circle were killer!

All 6 of us got up and walked out about 5 to 6 songs into the Luca Turilli's Rhapsody set because of the drum riser lights. 2 complaining of headaches. I get the idea of the light so the band can see/interact with the crowd and such, but the show is on the stage. Not much fun when all you can see is a blinding light in your face and then nothing but spots when it isn't.
Very glad to hear this will be used more sparingly tonight.

At least down in front, directly in front of the stage it was not bad. I can see how people sitting farther up in the stands could easily get annoyed by that. Nice to hear that light will be used as it was originally intended, to allow the band to better see the crowd during crowd interactions.

We were directly behind the soundboard, about 8 rows up, and two people from our group had to leave the Rhapsody set early because of headaches. REALLY appreciate the decision to kill the riser lights for the rest of the fest!

Last year's Progpower my daughter had problems with the strobe/white lights. She suffered a severe head injury when she was 14 and unfortunately stuff like that tends to be a trigger for her. I actually found this year's lights to be somewhat better.

I wasn't bothered by the drum-riser light from hell, but what IS it with those drum-riser lights?

At a show at the Tabernacle here, we were looking forward to seeing the mighty Gene Hoglan play drums (for Unearth... *shrug* ) and we couldn't see a damned thing because of the drum riser lights. After the show I told him "Hey, we WERE looking forward to watching you play, but those riser lights--"
"--Were they that bad? I'll tell the light tech to back off!" :)
They didn't over-use them during the headliner, Dimmu Borgir, which was good because Hellhammer was filling in on drums at the time and it would have been pretty annoying to miss yet another legend behind the kit.