Thats IT!!!!

You talking chick magnets? I'm an engineer, now working as a programmer. Now if that's not an exciting combination that gets women swooning, then I don't know what is. (At least, that's what all the women in the chat rooms say. Well, they say they're women...)

Originally posted by phlogiston
You talking chick magnets? I'm an engineer, now working as a programmer. Now if that's not an exciting combination that gets women swooning, then I don't know what is. (At least, that's what all the women in the chat rooms say. Well, they say they're women...)
Haha! :lol: But when you say "im a programmer" they immediately assume you have heaps of money (you dont need to mention thats not the case if its not) and so you must have women swinging of chandeliers to get your attention!

Hahahahahaha Spawn. But I get no women... hmmmm. I must be doing something wrong. :confused:

Perhaps its because not many girls around my age group are really into the whole long hair/ripped jeans/denim vest/Kiss shirt type look lol. I'm about a decade too late I think :(

Hmmmmmmmm we all seem to be doing something wrong then, perhaps its something in the water??

Troops: Im about a few hundred million years too late! I would have been better off back in the days when you ate dinosaur meat and talked by grunting and hand gestures, you know when you got to bang the women over the head with a club and take them back to the cave, that sounds so much easier. Though Id either have overswung and clubbed myself on the head and knocked myself out or they probably would have just beat the hell out of me with their club rather than just say no and laugh when I asked them out as they do now. So im probably better off in this day and age, its less painful. Im not sure which is more embarrasing though. I guess it would depend on whether the other cavemen saw me being beat up by a woman :D

Kemmy: Our pain, suffering and longing for a lifelong partner is funny? FUNNY??? Oh the pain of it all!
If I had my club there would be trouble I can tell you......ahhh its no use, I couldnt hurt kemmy, she is too damn nice, plus its a lot of effort and exercise to beat someone up, so Ill look on the bright side, the glass is half full and all that ;)

:loco:
You know, if someone printed out all the crap ive written on this bulletin board, they would have a LOT of crap. One of the guys at work seriously said I should go to a therapist before it gets out of hand. Can you believe that?

(Dont worry...one day they will ALL pay! Mwahahahaha Wait, did I say that out loud?)

"You arty types get all the women", right Spawn?
Excuse me for being dense, but what planet is this on? I have thirteen "arty' type letters after my name and I couldn't charm a lass if my miserable, solitary life depended on it :lol: .

One of my history lecturers once told me that the only reason to do an arts degree is so "you can pick up women at dinner parties." Well guess what? It doesn't bloody work!

Of course, my continued state of bachelorhood might have something to do with the fact that I'm antisocial, bad-tempered, selfish, cheap, poor and really rather grotesque looking, but let's not go there...

BTW, I don't just read comics, I write 'em as well. Who's the bigger loser now? :)

W

the only reason to do an arts degree is so "you can pick up women at dinner parties."

I thought you needed good upper body strength to do that. An arts degree gives you that?

Or does that come from lugging the packets of frozen chips to the deep fryer when you've finished your course.

Wrathchild: I wrote them AND drew them, All hail the king loser: ME! Gimme back my crown! haha! P.S. go read the dream theatre thread if you want to feel better about yourself, trust me, it will work............

Phloggy: You are such a sarcastic cynic :p rather funny one though :D Picking up women might be a good party trick if you can spin them or something.........

You guys - all you need is to be able to sing and play guitar in a popular band! Easy! HAHAHAHAHA!

LT rubs it in...

... then runs! HAHAHAHAHA!

Hang on a minute - how come we mainly get guys to our gigs then?! D'OH! Another cunning theory ruined! :(

Yeah but at least the women you DO get there, you didnt have to beat them over the head with a club to get them there :lol:
Or did you????? :lol:

Originally posted by Lord Tim

Hang on a minute - how come we mainly get guys to our gigs then?! D'OH! Another cunning theory ruined! :(

In the infamous words of Blackie Lawless from 1984 after a show at the Trubadour…

You know, I should have been born triplets. I've got three times the intensity, three times the sex appeal, three times the macho of any man alive.
You know why guys only come to these shows and you never see girls? It's because all the guys have got their girls locked up at home, 'cos they don't want them to come here and see us 'cos they go home and get out the vaseline just thinking about us. That's why you don't see the girls around here any more. :heh:

(this coming from a man covered in blood, sweat, raw meat and chicken feathers - with a sawblade protruding from his crotch)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oooh.......Con Tro Ver Sial........................ :D

Id laugh at sydos really funny quote, but I still havent forgiven him for making it blatantly obvious how much of a fool I am to everyone (please see the dream theatER thread for confirmation.......)
Once again, I WILL get you sydo......... :p :)

Well, while I unfortunately have to agree with you about what would happen if you put 10 kilos on and went to a record company (though to me, 10 kilos doesnt sound like much, I think you women are a little paranoid about weight, so it seems like a lot more to you when in fact its not, but im digressing!)

Ive never watched Rage or Video hits and said that the woman was "too fat" or whatever, and Id doubt most of the guys on this board would have either, (to be honest, I dont really care what they look like when it comes to music, I mean if Iced Earth looked like a bunch of rejects from the mardi gras floats, Id still love their music :) )
I think the problem is the perception is that you have to be thin/attractive to be famous, but its only the *record companies* perception. I have no doubt if they actually spent less time trying to find women with the right "look" and just went on talent, there would be many more female performers out there, and they would get a HELL of a lot more respect than Destinys Child and co.
Unfortunately, seeing as we dont live in a perfect world, that wont happen, because there are always plenty of women who seem quite happy to have themselves known for what they wear and their new hairstyles rather than their music, which only perpetuates the stereotype and makes it harder for the women who are doing it for their love of music and nothing else.

Hmmm bit long that post......In summary, Destinys Child and their bootylicious friends STILL suck :)

Oh my god, guess what clip just came on Video Hits????? ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I want to scream and kick my tv in, I hate these women more with every passing moment.........im going to put on some Iron Maiden :)