The 10 greatest metal albums of all time...

I couldnt tell you, I stopped listening to the band when Peter Criss (The Thunder God) stopped doing blast beats.

1. Slayer - Reign in Blood
2. Metallica - Master of Puppets
3. Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
4. Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
5. Carcass - Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious
6. Megadeth - Rust in Peace
7. Isis - Oceanic
8. Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
9. Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
10. Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys II
Black Sabbath - Headless Cross
Kamelot - Epica
Sonata Arctica - Silence
Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side
Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory
Skyclad - Prince of the Poverty Line
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Gamma Ray - Land of the Free

When theres no more room in hell!
Then the dead will walk the earth!
And the living wont have a prayer!
Cos its the dawn of the dead!

Today I was at JB and I saw a heap of copies of Dream Theater's "A Change of Seasons", and they all had a "Tamworth Golden Guitar Winner" sticker on them. :lol:

I thought of that cos I, like, saw Dream Theater mentioned in Arcane's post. Heh.

Spiff said:
Today I was at JB and I saw a heap of copies of Dream Theater's "A Change of Seasons", and they all had a "Tamworth Golden Guitar Winner" sticker on them. :lol:

I thought of that cos I, like, saw Dream Theater mentioned in Arcane's post. Heh.
Yay I inspired a post.

Happy new year everyone.

Ok I am finally getting around to posting mine.....and stuff the bloody rules 1st mentioned as they got broken in 1st vote.

in no particular order

Motley Crue- Shout at The Devil
Twisted Sister- Hungry
Bon Jovi- New Jersey
Iron Maiden-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Edguy- Manfrake
Dungeon- A Rise To Power
Def Leppard-Hysteria
Alice Cooper-Billion Dollar Babies
Guns 'n' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

I'll throw one in, I suppose

Maiden- Number of the Beast, nothing to say that hasn't already been said

Bruce Dickinson- The Chemical Wedding, Fuckin' A what an album! I've been listening to this a lot lately, really feels like a convergence of unique talents, Bruce, Adrian, the Tribe of Gypsies, that just clicked.

In Flames- The Jester Race, Whoracle was great as well, Colony was good too, it's really a shame to see what happened to these guys.

Metallica- Kill 'em All, maybe not as complete as RTL and MOP, but I find myself throwing it on more often

Slayer- Reign in Blood, Angel of Death live was worth the long drive and steep ticket price alone the last time I saw them.

At the Gates- Slaughter of the Soul, fav part, Tompa's "Jaws... locked around your spine..."

The Crown- Deathrace King, call it Thrash, Death 'n Roll, whatever, this album just fucking rocked

Dio- Holy Diver, classic

Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell

Amon Amarth- Versus the World, I know everybody has a band or two they feel deserves far more accolades than they're getting, but please, go get this album! It's mix of epic riffs, thunderous marching cadence drums, and end of the world themes, is awesome. The sweeping, flowing guitars are really a breath of fresh air after all the speed-technical, wanking solos, and other cliche-ridden crap you still hear all the time