The 100 greatest Black/Death-metal bands(and more strange lists)

solefald

Vheissu
Apr 11, 2002
Chimera Chiemgau
www.myspace.com
just found this site:http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/music0.html

with this list:

this isnt official, just some kind of compilation

what do you think about this? well dark tranquillity are 25. and in flames 37. :loco: and at the gates 31. :worship: the rest is very ridiculous...
how important are such calculations of "best" bands and their influence in music?
I dont really care but it is interesting what bands sometimes people put in their enumerations of importance and greatness.
but the idea of making such lists and so much on one place is strange(greatest music duo :headbang: )

what do king diamond, therion, and paradise lost have ever had to do with black/death metal? i also wish they would only list bands that have remained either one or the other throughout their career so far, so no moonspell, tiamat, or sentenced either.

Schwedentod said:
Seputura (early)? The Gahtering?

you're not exactly in a position to complain about misspelling band names, you know that? :p

however, it really makes no sense that someone would clarify they're talking about early sepultura when no such thing is mentioned about, say, sentenced, who hasn't released a death metal record since 1994.

How the fuck do Dark Funeral, and Old mans child, two by the book, totally generic blackmetal bands, get ahead of At The Gates? At the gates should have been up at the top, definately top five. And Nile at 76? I don't think it's even a matter of opinion that they have produced the 2 best deathmetal albums of all time over the last 5 years. Nile are completely untouchable. There should be a seperate list with just nile on it, then N/A for the next 50 spots so everyone can see how far ahead of everybody Nile are. I mean Deicide at 7? You have got to be kidding me - Not that I have much against Deicide they're just fucking posers who write the same album every two/three years.

I'm slowly but surely letting this list ruin my day :p

I dont know what pyogenesis are doing in this list, they do some kind of dark rock, had some gothic influences in their beginnings but death metal???no
same with hatebreed:Dreally good blackmetal band

but there are some bands I never heard of them like diamanthian, hellmasters, lifeend, pessimist, santhas, cancer, desultory, desperate deed- does anybody knows some of these bands? :headbang:

anyway the other lists on this page are even better :worship:

solefald said:
I dont know what pyogenesis are doing in this list, they do some kind of dark rock, had some gothic influences in their beginnings but death metal???no

ignis creatio and sweet x-rated nothings all featured mostly growls and melodeath song structure, imo. but certainly the "early" specification should apply to them as well.

rahvin said:
ignis creatio and sweet x-rated nothings all featured mostly growls and melodeath song structure, imo. but certainly the "early" specification should apply to them as well.

well I think you´re right, I just remeber some old songs but its a long time ago...I dont even knwo if they still exist...

solefald said:
well I think you´re right, I just remeber some old songs but its a long time ago...I dont even knwo if they still exist...

unfortunately, they do. their latest - ahem - effort, she makes me wish i had a gun, has about the same appeal and weight of a series of farts blowing gently in the listener's direction. :yuk:

and i just love twinaleblood. :(

Yeah, Pyogenesis, those were the days... :cry: After Tim had started Liquido, it all went to hell. Ignis Creatio, that ep Waves of Erotasia, Sweet... and Twinaleblood (most of it, except those Flos gay interludes :yuk: ) - that was really something.

and where is slayer ? i know it's a death/black compilation, but kreator is their...