The 2nd Metal Warriors Metalfest for 2002..

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
This one was a bit of a disappointment after the first one which featured VANISHING POINT, Battalion, Kymera, Enter Twilight, Anarion, etc..

Here is a rundown of last night events:

Sanity's Cage
Opened the night, great fun band but nothing special musically. Did covers of Crazy Train, The Trooper and Breaking The Law which rocked.

Alarum
Excellent musicians, its a shame they can't put it together though. Sounds like they are all playing a different song. TOo much of a mess, but what do you expect from a fusion band..

Atomizer
Black metal. I don't like black metal but these guys weren't *too* bad, more rockin' and to the point, better riffs, slightly catchier. Bit of a classic metal feel to it. Got boring after 2 songs though, all sounded the same.

Eyefear
Best I've seen these guys, GREAT! Danny rules, brilliant singer, brilliant stage presence. YEAH!!! If these guys keep improving like they are they will rock. Sounding a bit similar to Vanishing Point now but not as catchy or I spose you could say "radio friendly" heh. Melodic/Prog type stuff.

Maladiction
Pfft. These guys suck. Tryin' to be hardcore early Machine Head or Pantera and just don't pull it off. Bad vocals, boring riffs, bad stage presence... Ugh. The corridor outside the room the bands were playing became quite crowded when these guys were on.

Supremacy
The headliners, WHY OH WHY did these guys headline and not Eyefear. Weird stuff I tell ya. Egyptian type sound, a violinist, lots of keyboards, 3 backup singers... (all female by the way)... sounded too strange and weird. Original though. The singer was also a complete idiot, sounded like she was hosting Playschool in between songs... *In baby-ish voice* "We have a BIG surprise coming up... I like big big surprises!" Hahaha! This was also a great between song example of stupidness: "Oh baby yeah... come on! You guys rock, you're turning me on!"

Hahahahahahahahhaha!

The next Metal Warriors Metalfest shall be brilliant thuogh!

EDGUY, VANISHING POINT, DUNGEON, ANARION, MORTIFICATION, etc...

Originally posted by The Trooper

The next Metal Warriors Metalfest shall be brilliant thuogh!

EDGUY, VANISHING POINT, DUNGEON, ANARION, MORTIFICATION, etc...

Yeah that's a cool line up.

I cannot believe how good Edguy are now - it's like Mandrake and Vain Glory were made by two different bands. Mandrake has to be one of the best albums out in the last few years.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Original though. The singer was also a complete idiot, sounded like she was hosting Playschool in between songs... *In baby-ish voice* "We have a BIG surprise coming up... I like big big surprises!" Hahaha! This was also a great between song example of stupidness: "Oh baby yeah... come on! You guys rock, you're turning me on!"

Hahahahahahahahhaha!

[/B]
:lol: :lol:

Hahahah she was an idiot I must say.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Edguy/VP/Dungeon shows!!! I don't know now if I'll go to the 2nd one also, because the only band playing there that isn't playing the first show is Supremacy, and as I just explained earlier, they're only good for a brief laugh at the idiot singer.

"Interesting" is an excellent word to describe them with. Same with "Different" and "Inventive" and "Strange concoction of crap".

:D

Nah but I must give them this, they put on a good and original show, they're a bit theatrical which is good to see these days, and stand out from all the other bands. It's just a shame the music sounds crap and the singer should quit metal and become a children's TV show host.

Is she the blonde one or the brunette?

Apparently Maladiction are pretty popular overseas, and have toured Europe. Fucks me why though, because there are much much better bands over there than them! Rather boring to my ears.

I've been hearing good things about Mandrake? Is it a big improvement on their other stuff (which my ears tell me bites arse)? ;)

She's the blonde. Hahah and yeah, Maladiction are very boring heheh. Why isn't Dungeon touring overseas? They are about 10000000 times better.

Well most people who didn't like old Edguy like Mandrake. I personally prefer their older stuff. Mandrake is very clean and polished from what I've heard of it, typical power metal... the older stuff has more edge (especially Kingdom Of Madness and Savage Poetry I think).