The $40.00 T-shirt

All I got out of this thread is that the average Opeth fan spends too much time eating Fritos and drinking mountain dew.

It's people like you that ruin mosh pits. No one wants to get rushed by some 400lb dude with grease stains on his shirt smelling like fucking ass.

All the emo fags were in the pit last night trying to mosh. I was in my comfy mezzanine seat, drinking Mountain Dew and Eating Fritos.

emo fags?

guys with dyed black hair wearing girl pants with checkered slip on vans?

Post a pic of the shirt, or any shirts you guys have picked up this tour. I'm going tomorrow and need an idea before I go what I'll want.

The price of t-shirts are set by the headliner, because if the supporting acts were able to sell shirts for less, they'd take business away from the headliner.

Its a ripoff, I know, but just buy the shirts online for cheaper.

i think the progressive nation shirts cost alot because usualy bands have to match the price of the headliner, that show being dream theater.

I did not get to check the shirts at the solo gig in PA (i wanted to.. i really did, but it was impossible to get to the otherside of that bloody venue) but i can assume they were probably 10 dollars cheaper.

img00118nc1.jpg

Front
img00119in2.jpg

Back

The charge on my bill is to a local merchandise seller, not to Opeth Inc.

My buddy bought that same shirt. I took home a poster from the show. They had a zip-up hoodie for $65. The logo was in green. Looked cool but I was not going to shell out $65 for it. The lowest price for one that I saw was $35.

I paid $15 for a Dimmu shirt at their last show here a week ago. Which was fucking steal imo.

I think it has something to do with venue's taking a cut of merch sales as well. Every time i've seen opeth at the fillmore in SF the shirts have been around 30 bucks. It sucks, cause i'd like to support the band, and get a cool shirt, but i can't always afford tickets, parking, food, and a shirt.