the AFL thread 2006

I hope the Swans do well this year, just to shut up all of the "experts" who claim that last year was a fluke

Actually... that's something that really fucking pissed me off. The swans lost the first game of the season and already all of the papers up here and bitching about how "hopeless" they are. Fucking turncoats!

The Swans will do ok, but won't win the premiership again. If they do I'll happily take to bed with a wild boar.

Things can only get better then!

I went to St Kilda v Richmond last night. We won by 11 points, but were fucking shit. Oh well, at least we played badly and still won.

One thing I don't get is all the elated cheering that goes on after the siren after such a shit win. Some people have no discretion....they can't tell the difference between a genuinely good win and a game where we were shit, but only marginally less shit than the shit opposition.

Dear St Kilda FC,

Kindly win a premiership in the next couple of years so I can stop hanging on here and fuck off out of the country.

Love Rob

It's nice to beat Brisbane. In fact, it's very nice to beat Brisbane. Not quite by 139 points like last time, but comfortably nonetheless. Should have been by about 70, but we got slack in the last quarter. Milney 100 games, Riewoldt 5 goals, Hayes 38 possessions. Rock on.

Sydo said:
And Geelong are flying!!
:headbang::kickass::headbang:

FUCKer FUCKETY FUCK..

I've got the greatest respect for Hawthorn, and today they really made Geelong look like shit. Today was the first game I've walked out off in the 6 years I've been a member. It was embarrassing.

I heard the Geelong result last night, and couldn't believe it. What happened?! o_O

Melbourne's about to lose to Adelaide on the Gold Coast. Things aren't getting much better for them.

The only game I've ever left early was Geelong v St Kilda at Kardinia Park in 1989. We scored over 100, but still lost by 130 points or something stupid. :) It's a shame the Cats didn't win the premiership year. THAT'S the way a premiership team should be (high-scoring and exciting), rather than the shit the likes of Sydney serve us up in this modern form of footy.

Another Geelong loss! Bomber won't be happy.

Just saw that Liverpool beat Chelsea in the FA Cup last night. Fucketty fuck. I ate Liverpool with a passion.

I see St Kilda are favourites to beat Port over there. I can't think why, as they'll probably return to form against us.

Nice to see Melbourne get a win today.