The "Alive In Athens" Appreciation Thread

metal17

May 21, 2002
North Bethesda, Maryland
Cheers to one of the best live albums ever! I rank it up there with Iron Maiden's "Rock In Rio" ...I can't begin to imagine the energy that was flowing through the band and crowd in Athens...hmm...*wishing I was there.

Matthew Barlow - you fucking rule! :worship: :hotjump: :headbang:

Hell YEAH!! AIA-Fuckin heavy metal \m/
It is THE most awsome live album i've ever heard. I love live shows, and this is just perfect, most of the songs, if not all, sound better than the original recording IMO. And jesus crist, i realy cant imagine why the hell anyone would not like Barlow after hearing it- and most ppl who i have played IE to haven't, so im realy puzzled( and im not askin for an explination- annonymousnick)
And Jon, wow. I never appreciated his riffing untill i heard the AIA versions of the Stormrider/Burnt Offerings era songs, its because of AIA that they are my fav studio albums by IE.
Hail Barlow. Hail Jon. All fall to your knees for AIA!!!

...my two cents

Daniel \m/

all anonymousnick2001 is bash anything iced earth so I just ignore him .

THe alive in athens IMO is good not only cuz of the quality but the quantity as well. The 3 disc set is awesome

look... I'm not saying that Barlow is a god or something.. but I liked his vocals. So fuck off, if you don't like him you don't have to remind us every 5 seconds.

Barlow sucks.

Oh yeah, and Live after Death is pretty cool. I wish Dickinson sounded a little stronger live. Rock In Rio shows a stronger Dickinson.

Dude, (A'Nick), i know everyone is entitled to their own oppinion, but your constant "Hate Barlow" attitude is realy getting old, anoying, and realy, it should have you baned from posting on the IE board. I mean, i dont realy like Tim, but fuck, im not gona say he deserves to die just because i like someone better. That sorta shit should, not olny not have to be tollerated by us (the otehr UM users) but it sould be illegal. Fuck, pull your head out of your ass, or go suck some catfish cock. Your attitude is not apreciated here.
I appologise to the other UM members whose space and time this might have wasted.

Just what i think

Daniel \m/

I'm no troll. I'm your worst nightmare. A vocalist better than Barlow that hates how much he gets lauded.

Owens deserves so much credit.

Pyrus said:
It takes talent to piss this many people off without being dismissed, yes.

Owens deserves a lot of credit for being able to fill the shoes of two of metal's best singers, and for just being a damn good vocalist in his own right. Heard his Winters Bane shit?
Nope...but I want to hear it. :)