The AMONG THE LIVING Walking Dude...

TraderInDeath

May 13, 2005
Does anyone else find it really strange/creepy that The Walking Dude on the cover of 'Among The Living' really looks like Julian Beck's character of Kane in Poltergeist II? Yet, I think, they both came out at about the same time... weird.

TraderInDeath said:
Does anyone else find it really strange/creepy that The Walking Dude on the cover of 'Among The Living' really looks like Julian Beck's character of Kane in Poltergeist II? Yet, I think, they both came out at about the same time... weird.
im pretty sure it came from the book "The Stand" by Stephen King. Ive never read it, so I could be wrong

Yeah anyone who hasnt read the book The Stand definitely check it out, that "dude" is the main uh villain in the book? Kind of like a satan of sorts. It's a really interesting book and it dives into a lot of religious conflicts and world conflicts but through a badass supernatural sort of plot that stephen king does best. His masterpiece. Fuckin long, but well worth the time!

I know who the character is BASED on (I love The Stand and most anything Stephen King)... I just find it really weird that it looks so much (almost exactly) like Julian Beck in Poltergeist II.

TraderInDeath said:
I know who the character is BASED on (I love The Stand and most anything Stephen King)... I just find it really weird that it looks so much (almost exactly) like Julian Beck in Poltergeist II.
Yeah. I always thought that was kinda weird.

"Let me in!!!"

jbeck20.jpg

I've always thought that too! I think I saw Poltergeist II (that was scary shit man) before I saw the Among cover, and I thought, "Poltergeist II, wha...?" I only vaguely knew about the Stand at that point; hell, I was 12.

Scarier still, Billy Graham now looks exactly like the Among the Living guy. Seriously. I cut out a picture from the paper to post here, but I've lost it. This one's pretty good though.
as27-billy-graham-0605n_06-27-2005_3V6UECF.jpg

Well, the description of Randall Flagg in the book doesn't really match the way the "walking dude" looks like on the album cover.
He's supposed to be denim-clad, like in the movie...