The Animation Appreciation Thread

Yes...? From what I remember yeah. Though I remember the English dubbing being super silly.
they used to show speed racer on one of the Spanish channels
i thought that it was hilarious that they left the theme music in English
so i wonder if they made a Spanish language dub from the English Dub or if someone actually went through the effort of translating straight from Japaneese-into-Spanish

Is there anyone here who has actually dabbled with creating their own animation shorts? It's something I've wanted to get into for awhile, I have a lot of ideas for mini series, and finally feel comfortable paying for a decent program. I'm thinking about Animate CC but I'd hate to waste time with something too difficult or transversely too simplistic as far as artwork itself.

Other than the last one I put on Facebook, nothing new, I've just been trying to fine tune that guy. As a pen and paper inclined artist it's definitely different drawing for motion, you really need to think out your body parts properly for manipulation or do frame by frame drawing and that would bore the shit out of me lol.

I've been doing those in Toon Boom Harmony if you're interested in fiddling with it at all. It's $20 a month so cheaper than Animate CC, and you get a 20 day trial. I also find it easier despite having used Adobe products in the past.

Reactions: CiG

What if there was an Empire-focussed short Star Wars animation, drawn with the crazy detail and shading of classic 80s anime that's all but vanished from Japan nowadays? Well, I tried my best.

This guy's channel is amazing.

I've been just trying to animate some old drawings/ etc to become more comfortable with the program lately - just purchased some mannequins so that should help explore new ground. Below is my drawing from long ago, then below that my animated version of it.

10670262-366316750191039-3603265125699448547-n.jpg

I've been just trying to animate some old drawings/ etc to become more comfortable with the program lately - just purchased some mannequins so that should help explore new ground. Below is my drawing from long ago, then below that my animated version of it.

10670262-366316750191039-3603265125699448547-n.jpg

awesome

Yeah agreed. When I first heard about this spin-off show I was hoping it was going to be like a Mr. Krabs origin show, with him and Plankton going at it as youngins or something. But alas...

Katsuhiro Otomo's New Film Project ORBITAL ERA, New Anime Adaptation of AKIRA are in The Works.

Two big news were announced at the Sunrise panel during Anime Expo on July 4: a new animated sci-fi feature film entitled ORBITAL ERA directed by Katsuhiro Otomo and a new anime adaption of Otomo's masterpiece manga AKIRA.

ORBITAl ERA will be Otomo's third animated feature film after AKIRA (1988) and STEAMBOY (2004). Otomo himself will write the original concept and screenplay, as well as design and direct the film. Sunrise (Mobile Suit Gundam series) will work on anime production. The film's plot is introduced as below:

The plot takes place in the near-future on a space colony under construction. It is an action-adventure story following the lives of some young boys surviving in this peculiar environment and society as they are tossed around by fate. "The reality found in mankind's future" will be depicted through their perspective.

why make a remake of the specific animated film that most american people think of when you say "japanese animated film"

this is like someone re-making The Wizard Of Oz