The Animation Appreciation Thread

Two episodes in and it's fucking weird but I'm loving it.

Edit: Just finished and that was comical levels of bad haha. Amusing nonetheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Finished Dragon Ball and on to Z. Watching it in Japanese this time. Goku's Japanese voice actor is a little irritating tbh but it almost feels more like a continuation of Dragon Ball and I've heard you actually miss stuff if you only watch the dub. Also, the credit music is fuckin weird.

Ngl I've been warming up to the animation style on Rise of the TMNT. Don't like that one's Splinter though he is gross.

Still watching X-Men: The Animated Series, the Dark Phoenix arc is some of the best stuff so far.

Dark-Phoenix-X-Men.gif

Also read that Zack Snyder is doing a "sex and violence" heavy Norse myth series, animated by the bloke behind Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox etc etc. Pilou Asbæk is voicing Thor, Kristofer Hivju is voicing a dwarf and Lauren Cohan is voicing a role too. Kinda hyped.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Still watching X-Men: The Animated Series, the Dark Phoenix arc is some of the best stuff so far.

View attachment 35710

Also read that Zack Snyder is doing a "sex and violence" heavy Norse myth series, animated by the bloke behind Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox etc etc. Pilou Asbæk is voicing Thor, Kristofer Hivju is voicing a dwarf and Lauren Cohan is voicing a role too. Kinda hyped.
I think im gonna stay away from x-men 97 after seeing a few reviews and videos of people saying how woke it is(nonbinary characters wtf?). And the fucked up thing is thats the only thing i was worried about happening. I wanted the X-Men, not the X-They/Them. Eh oh well, fuck it.... aways have the old series to go back to.

Finally finished the original X-Men series. Besides all the filler episodes and the weaker animation style of season 5, pretty awesome watch. Pretty much any episode heavily featuring Wolverine, Magneto, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Cable or Jean Grey were the best imo.

I'll start X-Men '97 soon, and will report back about all the tranny sex scenes they shoehorn into it.

So I've watched all 5 eps of X-Men '97 that's out so far and it's pretty good.

giphy.gif
ezgif-2-b8c237b886.gif

I don't love the animation but the writing is pretty good! Also the action sequences are fucking insane and way more comic booky than the original show (Cyclops falling from his plane and using his eye ray to break his fall, Beast being strong enough to trip a Sentinel with his bare hands, Gambit's power being way more destructive etc etc). Magneto is fucking amazing as the new team leader and he steals every scene he's in.

No pride flaggotry in the story yet.