The Animation Appreciation Thread

Since this is an animation thread, I'd be honored if anyone here checks out my 3D animated music video of Before the Dawn's Unbreakable. Link in the signature.

Since this is an animation thread, I'd be honored if anyone here checks out my 3D animated music video of Before the Dawn's Unbreakable. Link in the signature.
Nice, looks like a lot of work! Maybe they could even accept it as an official video. Only thing I'd suggest is that it'd look better without the lyrics so it's more pure 3D animation I'm watching. Maybe you could render the lyrics on a tablet-shaped object in Blender and put it in the corner.

Nice, looks like a lot of work! Maybe they could even accept it as an official video. Only thing I'd suggest is that it'd look better without the lyrics so it's more pure 3D animation I'm watching. Maybe you could render the lyrics on a tablet-shaped object in Blender and put it in the corner.
Thank you! I agree that the it doesn't quite fit the overall style of the video. I debated against adding lyrics, but it seemed like a helpful bit for anyone listening for the first time. Sadly, the band is not longer around, but their music lives forever :headbang:

I've been watching One Punch Man lately. I know the show is a meme or whatever but I really fucking like it, especially just on the level of animation. I hear the second season is a big drop in quality though which sucks if that's true. Honestly comedy anime rarely ever makes me laugh but OPM does the trick (only 3 episodes in mind you).

Saved.png

Also just noticed that Crunchyroll now has Kaiji streaming so I'll finally be able to take you up on the recommendation @Vegard Pompey.

Man I love this style. Hopefully Shingo Tamagawa doesn't just do this and then vanish, we need a feature or something.

Edit:

This guy really has potential.

Last edited:
202286810_4114166972034994_3270460524586579372_n.jpg

Checked out some trippy 80's Romanian cartoon called Delta Space Mission....

Synopsis from the company that restored it...

Imagine an early Eighties Eastern European space prog album high on sugary breakfast cereal, "Heavy Metal " magazine, Hanna-Barbera cartoons and 8-bit arcade games like Galaxian and Asteroids, and you have some idea of the otherworldly weirdness of the Romanian animated sci-fi film DELTA SPACE MISSION.

......it was pretty good!

I've heard of that show but never seen what it looks like. That was killer!

Just saw the trailer for the new Rurouni Kenshin remake and the animation is atrocious. Can't get into this new overly digital faggotry.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I have days where I NEED to watch LD+R Jibaro. I didn't even like it that much the first time I watched it - thought the planetary episode and the crab monster were cooler - but I find myself thinking about it every few weeks.

Maybe it's the sexiness of the thing. Not sure.

That whole series is top 5 animation programs of all time IMO if you've somehow been living under a rock the last few years. Really mature, introspective, savage and beautiful shorts.

Checked out some trippy 80's Romanian cartoon called Delta Space Mission....

Synopsis from the company that restored it...

Imagine an early Eighties Eastern European space prog album high on sugary breakfast cereal, "Heavy Metal " magazine, Hanna-Barbera cartoons and 8-bit arcade games like Galaxian and Asteroids, and you have some idea of the otherworldly weirdness of the Romanian animated sci-fi film DELTA SPACE MISSION.

......it was pretty good!

Will definitely be checking this out