The Animation Appreciation Thread

I doubt I'll ever watch it again but if I do, I'll end it when
L dies, I think.

It was amazing to see Light who is such a cold sociopathic character explode hysterically with emotion at the end.

Batman: The Animated Series is finally coming to blu-ray. Keeping my fingers crossed for a release of the X-Men series.
batman-the-complete-animated-series-blu-ray.jpg

i'd totally be all over it but im not really interested in the deluxe edition at all.

I've also been trying to get into some of the more darker/"serious" animes. Any recs? Cowboy Bebop, The Berserker and Fist of the North Star look pretty cool.

Cowboy Bebop is pure stylism so perhaps you should check out an episode or two digitally before you spend any money.
my interest kind of piqued reading through this thread ...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.383153-Why-do-people-like-Cowboy-Bebop?page=2

a character driven piece about bounty hunters in space sounds pretty awesome tbh. I skimmed through parts of the first episode and loved the art style, atmosphere etc.

Have any of you guys watched Avatar: The Last Airbender? I know its mainly for children and not even an anime but a lot of people keep rec'ing it. Is it really one of the greatest animated series ever?

my interest kind of piqued reading through this thread ...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.383153-Why-do-people-like-Cowboy-Bebop?page=2

a character driven piece about bounty hunters in space sounds pretty awesome tbh. I skimmed through parts of the first episode and loved the art style, atmosphere etc.

It's a great premise and the animation is frankly amazing, but I found that by the end I was kind of tired of the plot and felt slightly worn out by the whole experience. The stylism really can only take something so far before you have to have a great story to fall back on once the gimmick has worn off and for me Cowboy Bebop didn't exactly deliver in that department. That might be a controversial opinion btw.

Is it really one of the greatest animated series ever?

Fuck no, but it's fun. I enjoyed it.

Avoid Legend of Korra though.

This.

Baccano!, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Monster, and Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal are all pretty good.

just went through imdb and those all look cool, especially Monster. I definitely need to check that one out. I wonder if any of these are on blu ray.

What about Bleach? Oh and i also remember watching and enjoying a few episodes of Full Metal Alchemist back when it was on Adult Swim

I doubt I'll ever watch it again but if I do, I'll end it when
L dies, I think.

It was amazing to see Light who is such a cold sociopathic character explode hysterically with emotion at the end.

Yeah, that’s kinda where it got weak for me.

Reactions: CiG