The art of repetition.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
I don't mean something like Sunn O))) I mean like in a typical pop structure type song. Anyone ever feel that magic of the last chorus, or verse, or whatever it may be, that is no different than the first 3 times they played it?

Case in point, Nirvana - Come as You Are. When the final closing chorus comes up, it's like the doors are blown wide open and the entire song comes round full circle to reveal itself as some amazing shitz. But's it no different than the other several choruses (chorusi?) that came before it.

Discuss. Or put that pink-footed boobie in here, whatever.

thorshammerparody.jpg

I don't mean something like Sunn O))) I mean like in a typical pop structure type song. Anyone ever feel that magic of the last chorus, or verse, or whatever it may be, that is no different than the first 3 times they played it?

Case in point, Nirvana - Come as You Are. When the final closing chorus comes up, it's like the doors are blown wide open and the entire song comes round full circle to reveal itself as some amazing shitz. But's it no different than the other several choruses (chorusi?) that came before it.

NADatar said:

The ending of Court of The Crimson King...it's basically a variation of the main theme, but it ends the song and album perfectly.