The Art & Science of Sound Recording

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
While I'm pretty sure Alan Parsons may not be a producer that many of the folks here think of when talking about their favorite producers, but as I'm a pretty big Pink Floyd fan and Alan was behind the engineering of "Dark Side of the Moon" I'm pretty interested in what he thinks about the production of music.

Sure it's not really about heavy metal or even hard rock, but his new project called "The Art & Science of Sound Recording" interested me from the moment I heard about it last year some time.

The Art & Science of Sound Recording

So far he has released 12 videos of the 24 that will eventually make up a 3 DVD set that will eventually be available in that format. You can however purchase them as individual downloads or in group of 6 as they have been released so far. While some of the content may be what some may consider basic information, there are some golden nuggets of information from both Alan and the guests he has involved in the project such as Simon Phillips, and other musicians, producers, and engineers from some big companies and studios involved in music production.

I've bought the 12 available so far and have enjoyed the professional layout and production as well as the content.

So far the available content covers:

• Recording a Choir
  • EQ
  • Delays
  • Drums Scene
  • MIDI Scene
  • Noise Gates Scene
  • Studio Acoustics
  • Digital Audio and Computers
  • Monitoring
  • Microphones
  • Keyboards
  • Bass

The total content can be found here as well as descriptions of each section.

I think for many the information could be useful and wanted to let you all know about it. I may have mentioned before but was unsure so I figured I'd post a little something about it. Take a look and see if you might like it - it might help, it might not, but he is an entertaining man at the least.

he is one of that persons that makes me think "hey, he didn't died already?"

btw, i want to see this.

Tony Shepperd has done it, now Alan Parsons. I wish Andy Sneap and C. Richards would do this as well! =-)