The Axe-FX pitch capability.

That was a Mesa Mark IIc fx send out, into a Marshall fx return, right? What mic was on what cab? I'll see what I can do.

Actually I don't really know. I just know a markIIc+ was involved, at least in "justice". But I didn't mean to replicate these tones that accurately, just something close to that. A nice heavy and tight tone in general is something I'd really like to hear from the axe-fx. Nothing has impressed me so far from what I've heard.

Maybe some of my old ones suits you better? Not sure if you've heard them.

www.falstudios.com/axe-fx_git-emphasized.mp3 Quad tracked.
www.falstudios.com/Junk/Marsh-XXL-C214.mp3 Dual tracked FAS modern to test the new AKG C214 on cabs. Marshall blended with EnglXXL cab.
www.falstudios.com/axe-fx_test/Guitar_test-Feb08.mp3 Random chunks of riffs because it was so playable.
www.falstudios.com/axe-fx_test/flyangus_plays_the_FASmodern.mp3 This is not even metal, but a reamp I did for fun a while back. The dynamics are his volume pot only.

Any of those better? Otherwise I'll do some during the next week. On the other hand, why should I convince you, or anyone for that matter? I love it, period. Just keep your setup if your happy with it. I'm happy and I think everyone playing their guitar should be happy. :headbang:

Maybe some of my old ones suits you better? Not sure if you've heard them.

www.falstudios.com/axe-fx_git-emphasized.mp3 Quad tracked.
www.falstudios.com/Junk/Marsh-XXL-C214.mp3 Dual tracked FAS modern to test the new AKG C214 on cabs. Marshall blended with EnglXXL cab.
www.falstudios.com/axe-fx_test/Guitar_test-Feb08.mp3 Random chunks of riffs because it was so playable.
www.falstudios.com/axe-fx_test/flyangus_plays_the_FASmodern.mp3 This is not even metal, but a reamp I did for fun a while back. The dynamics are his volume pot only.

Any of those better? Otherwise I'll do some during the next week. On the other hand, why should I convince you, or anyone for that matter? I love it, period. Just keep your setup if your happy with it. I'm happy and I think everyone playing their guitar should be happy. :headbang:

Of course you don't have to convince me. I'm not bashing the axe-fx btw, I just haven't heard a kind of tone I like from it yet. I'm sure as more people get it and more different samples are made I will be able to get a better idea of what this unit can do.
I actually REALLY need it to be as good as everyone is talking about because I really need a good guitar tone for recording since buying a real amp and cab isn't an option for me cause I don't have the necessary space to use it and I'm really sick of POD tones and revalver can be used only as software. But I can't give that kind of money unless I'm absolutely certain it's worth it for me.

Those new samples are much better btw. I liked the second one better...that was miked or direct?
I wonder if you'll be willing to reamp a small sample for me with the axe fx?

Those new samples are much better btw. I liked the second one better...that was miked or direct?
I wonder if you'll be willing to reamp a small sample for me with the axe fx?

It's a miked cab in Falstudios. I then took the IR, tranferred it into the AxeFX and recorded these samples. Yes, it's direct.

Sure, I can do that.