The bands similar to CARCASS

Terrorside

New Metal Member
Nov 26, 2005
HI there.
Does anybody know the metal bands who plays quite silmilar to DEATH METAL BAND - CARCASS.? You know - clean riffs, hard death metal vocal, and the melodic sounds.

Thanks

What Carcass are you talking about, heartwork and their later stuff, or the early death-grind stuff? In case of the latter, I recommend Napalm Death.

The first two Golem CDs are *somewhat* similar to Carcass - the vocals are identical, and the riffs are often similar in a way, but there is more of a focus on melody, and in different sense than is the case with Carcass riffs.

Birkenau said:
What Carcass are you talking about, heartwork and their later stuff, or the early death-grind stuff?
Let's see

"clean riffs", "melodic sounds"

I'd wager he's out for something in the vein of Reek of Putrefaction

Thanks for the answers. Saying clean riffs, and melodic sounds I thinking of heartwork for example. Carcass is the legend for me, and the band who reached all in Death Metal. Now I see how hard to find something similar to them.

genocide roach <-thanks for the list.

of course they are. But I wouldn't compare these two bands. Arch has their own style. By the way one of my favorite.

Terrorside said:
of course they are. But I wouldn't compare these two bands. Arch has their own style. By the way one of my favorite.

I totally agree except that it may be my all time favorite. I just thought I'd mention them because the original poster might like them. I'm seeing them tonight! I hear they've been playing diva satanica and bury me an angel too. :headbang: Can't wait.

Sinister Mephisto said:
I totally agree except that it may be my all time favorite. I just thought I'd mention them because the original poster might like them.
Way to be observant huh

You were talking to the original poster

For early Carcass similarities:
Bodies Lay Broken
General Surgery
The County Medical Examiners

For later Carcass similarities:
Holymarsh
Arsis
Shadow

Impaled is the closest i've heard on all levels. All their material sounds like Necroticism and Symphonies of Sickness musically,vocally,production wise. It's great