The bands that were MANDATORY listening when you were in high school

I still feel like i'm 15-16 in my head. that i'm 20 and supposed to be an adult and all that is totally distant. it's creepy really
And you're still just 20 man, you need no excuse to feel/act like a kid ;) I'm 30 and still act like well.. a lot younger too :) I always thought when I was younger, that when I would approach 30, I would settle down, stop listening to extreme Metal, stop doing wild stuff etc. But not even the vaguest signs of that yet, haha! And proud of it! Fuck it, never grow up!! :kickass:

Mercyful Fate
Opeth
Death
PanterA
Sepultura
Poison
Slayer
Anthrax
Ratt (I know, lol)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Celtic Frost
Immortal
Queen
Cathedral
Skid Row
Led Zeppelin
Carnarium
Cancer
King Crimson
Unleashed
Gorgoroth
Phil Collins
Venom
Jimmy Hendrix
Camel
Deftones
Yes
Alice In Chains
Morgoth
Black Sabbath
Faith No More
Dinosaur Jr.
Motorhead
Yeah... Nirvana too.
Guns 'n' Roses
Motley Crüe
Iron Maiden
Napalm Death
Misfits
The Stooges
Danzig
Obituary
Deicide
Carcass
Cannibal Corpse

And probably I've missed a hundred more...

And you're still just 20 man, you need no excuse to feel/act like a kid ;) I'm 30 and still act like well.. a lot younger too :) I always thought when I was younger, that when I would approach 30, I would settle down, stop listening to extreme Metal, stop doing wild stuff etc. But not even the vaguest signs of that yet, haha! And proud of it! Fuck it, never grow up!! :kickass:

yeah man. that's exactly what I believe in. better to be exactly what you are than fabricate some behaviour, morals that just ain't yourself. just being crazy and having fun is the cure of all negative stuff :kickass:

For me it basically started when I was in 2nd grade (January 1990), with:

- Iron Maiden
- Metallica
- Slayer
- Death
- Sepultura
- Obituary
- Napalm Death
- Flotsam and Jetsam...

haha.....I had forgotten about Flotsam and Jetsam.....they were definately a fav of mine......I saw them in ohio when Katatonia played there in 2004.... I actually had them sign a "no place for disgrace" LP....it was cool.....they still were decent after all those years.

haha.....I had forgotten about Flotsam and Jetsam.....they were definately a fav of mine......I saw them in ohio when Katatonia played there in 2004.... I actually had them sign a "no place for disgrace" LP....it was cool.....they still were decent after all those years.
Back then I loved "No Place For Disgrace", still a great fekkin' album! "Drift" is really good too. Don't really care about their other albums, except for a few individual songs.

aww fuck..i was influenced by the nu metal era back then,so here i go..
coal chamber
ill nino
fear factory
36 crazyfists
slipknot
asesino
brujeria
resorte

In high school, I was sadly convined these bands ruled the day:
Pantera
Korn
Tool
Orgy
Static-X
Bucket Truck
Rage Agaisnt The Machine

I still don't mind some of those bands, but after I was exposed to European metal, i never looked back, such as:
Opeth (the best there is, they started my metal rebirth)
Dark Tranquillity
Katatonia
and Dragonforce, to name a few (I don't care what you think, I love dragonforce!)