Top 50 favorite bands list

More than 50 bands and in alphabetical order ...

1349, Aaskereia, Aeternus, Agalloch, Amok Vedar, Amon Amarth, Ancient Rites, Arch Enemy, Asgaard, At the Gates, Azaghal, Barathrum, Bathory, Beltez, Bergthron, Black Horizons, Blood Red Throne, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Brimstone, Callenish Circle, Carpathian Forest, Carpe Noctem, Carved in Stone, Catamenia, Cerberus, Children of Bodom, Cirith Gorgor, Clair Obscure, Cryptic Wintermoon, Dark Fortress, Dark Tranquillity, Darkthrone, Darkwoods my Betrothed, Death, Deinonychus, Destruction, Diabolical Masquerade, Dimension Zero, Disbelief, Disillusion, Dissection, Dornenreich, Einherjer, Emperor, Empyrium, Endstille, Ensiferum, Enslaved, Equilibrium, Falkenbach, Finntroll, Fornost, Forseti, Frozen Shadows, God Dethroned, Godgory, Grabnebelfürsten, Graven, Hel, Helheim, Helrunar, Horna, Hypocrisy, Illnath, Insignium, Isegrim, Isengard, Judas Iscariot, Kalmah, Kampfar, Kataklysm, Katatonia, Limbonic Art, Lumsk, Lunar Aurora, Marduk, Menhir, Minas Morgul, Misanthropic, Moredhel, Morrigan, Nagelfar, Naglfar, Nahemah, Nargaroth, Negura Bunget, Nehëmah, Nightrage, Nocte obducta, Nokturnal mortum, Nordafrost, Norther, Novembre, October Tide, Odal, Of the wand & the moon, Opeth, Orlog, Otyg, Pagan Reign, Pungent Stench, Quercus, Rapture, Riger, Secrets of the Moon, Skyforger, Sol Invictus, Sonne Hagal, Stíny Plamenü, Suidakra, Summoning, Surturs Lohe, Svartahrid, Taake, Taunusheim, Tenhi, Thrudvangar, Thyrfing, Thy Wicked, Trimonium, Troll, Trollech, Trollskogen, Turisas, Tvangeste, Ulver, Umbrtka, Unlord, Vargsang, Vinterriket, Vintersorg, Vordven, Wigrid, Windir, Wrath, Wyrd, XIV Dark Centuries, Zyklon

Opeth
Edge of Sanity
Devin Townsend
Katatonia
Black Sabbath
Captain Beyond
Camel
November (not novembre, november is a swedish 70s hardrock gang)
Dissection
Nick Drake
Yes
Nasum
Slayer
Morbid Angel
Led Zeppelin
The Doors
Dan Swanö
Paatos
Meshuggah
Death
Entombed
My Dying Bride
Iron Maiden
Frank Zappa
Spiritual Beggars
Jeff Buckley
Rage Against the Machine
Strapping Young Lad
The Haunted
Nevermore
Satyricon
Cannibal Corpse
Bloodbath
Pantera
Amon Amarth
Rush
At the Gates
Metallica
The Crown
Charles Mingus
Grant Green
Miles Davis
Danzig
Apocalyptica
Alice in Chains

Only the ones I adore;(in no specific order)
Manowar,Slayer,Testament,Judas Priest,Deep Purple,Empyrium,My Dying Bride,Orphaned Land,Black Sabbath,Katatonia(very old records),Therion,Opeth(old records again),Blind Guardian,Joe Satriani,Dream Theatre,Motörhead,Guns'n Roses,Scorpions,Stratovarius.

in no order whatsoever
Opeth
Katatonia
Bloodbath
Children of Bodom
Slayer
October Tide
Diabolical Masquerade
Hypocrisy
Iron Maiden
Cradle of Filth
Black Sabbath
Morbid Angel
Suffocation
Unearth
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Entombed
Helloween
Cryptopsy
Death
Misfits
Minor Threat
Pantera
Grateful Dead
Lacuna Coil
Moonspell
Korn
Metallica
Meshuggah
Pan-Thy-Monium
Old Man's Child
Nevermore
Porcupine Tree
Satyricon
Arch Enemy
Shadows Fall
Vehemence
Weezer
Yngwie Malmsteen
Johnny Cash
AC/DC
Megadeth
Dimmu Borgir
Rotting Christ
Deicide
Lamb of God
As I Lay Dying
Atreyu
Every Time I Die
Judas Priest

i think the band placed at 2nd position (the one after katatonia) tells a lot about us. some put maiden, some testament, some porcupine tree, some rush etc.

anyway, here's mine (just the real real favorites, i cannot love 50 bands)

1.katatonia
2.anathema
3.the gathering
4.slowdive
5.in the woods...
6.opeth
7.sigur ros
8.isis
9.neurosis
10.faith no more
11.massive attack
12.block out
13.saturnus
14.coldplay
15.a perfect circle

discouraged1 said:
i think the band placed at 2nd position (the one after katatonia) tells a lot about us. some put maiden, some testament, some porcupine tree, some rush etc.

Does it really? Most people wrote that they listed their favourite bands in no particular order. I'm the one who put Testament in 2nd place, but that does not mean they're my second favourite band - they just sort of sprung into my mind first. Looking at my list I see I left many good bands out and I put on the list a few that I would not put there today. I'm kinda whimsical when it comes to music - today I love that, but tomorrow I may forget about it. Katatonia has been my no.1 band for some time now and hopefully it will stay that way, but apart from them I'm such a musical whore.

katatonia will always be my #1 also, that's why i think the band after them is important.. i mean, why testament? obviously they had a strong impact on you that day..
i've been making those kind of lists many many times, and the first three or four will always be the same to me i think.. kata>anath>gath>slowd...

RADIOHEAD.
Opeth. :D
Agalloch. :D
Katatonia :D
In the Woods. :D
Sigur Ros. :D

And in random order
November's Doom.
Pyramaze.
October Tide.
Mar de Grises.
The Mars Volta.
At the drive in.
Saturnus.
Anathema
The mist and the morning dew
Mercenary.
Wuthering Heights.
Eternal Tears of sorrow.
Rapture.
Morgion.
Pilgrimz.
Grendel.
Aina.
Shape of Despair.
Of the wand and the moon.
Insomnium.
The Gathering.
Peccatum.
Ensiferum.
Evergrey.
Disillousion.
Green Carnation.
Compos Mentis.
Vintersorg.
Amon Amarth.
Aurora.
Tool.
Edguy.
Frantic Bleep.
Antimatter.
Kashmir.
Tristania.
Lilitu.
The Postman Syndrome.
Star of Ash.
Blazing Eternity.
Borknagar.
My dying Bride
Dimmu Borgir.
Illnath.
Avantasia.
John Fruciante.
Muse.
Iron Maiden.

Loads more...

discouraged1 said:
shite, i forgot w.a.s.p. and meshuggah. and kayo dot. and mogwai. well... the thing that first comes to one's mind is the most important...

I can agree with that. The bands I love(Right now)are going to come to my mind first, and then I would realise that I forgot one or five of my favorites later down the list. So although some may have written "in no particular order" I think it would be fair to say that the first ones are going to be the most relevant ones AT THAT MOMENT, unless they already had a list preplanned.
The list was easy for me simply because I have just a few favorite bands, it was just the order that things came to mind. I forgot Oxiplegatz and had to post it later.ROCK

DE said:
Good, because your list fucking sucks.

Your such a shitstarter Rob. I wish I could figure people like you out, ya know people that are probably insecure about themselves and try to pull the tuffguy mode on a forum because they know that noone is gonna track them down and put a good asskickin to em. People that think being an asshole will actually make people have respect for their opinion more than everyone elses, that being that way somehow gives credit to the words written.
Most forums are about opinions, and if dudes list sucks, then oh well! I certainly dont think everyone would think my list is real good, or yours either. And your wasting your fuckin time(and ours)being that way. Its people with that (asshole) attitude that make forums an unpleasant experience for some others who might become a great participant in the future. Grow up and become a positive influence instead of a negative one. Im sure deep down your a good guy, but on the surface-as of today- I think your an extreme example of immaturity.

1.opeth
2.katatonia.
3.disillusion
4.porcupine tree
5.bloodbath
6.dredg
7.judas priest
8.iron maiden
9.theater of tragedy
10.my dying bride
11.bathory
12.venom