THE BEAST IS BACK North American Tour 2012

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Former Iron Maiden Vocalist Paul DiAnno to Tour North American with Cauldron, Icarus Witch and Widow

For Immediate Release - The Beast is Back...and this time he is bringing even more metallic firepower! Original Iron Maiden vocalist Paul DiAnno will be returning to North America this summer for his most extensive tour ever. Once again DiAnno’s backing and support band will be Cleopatra recording artist Icarus Witch. This run of dates, however, will also include Earache buzz band Cauldron and Pure Steel traditional metal maniacs, Widow!

Charging onto the scene in 1980 as the incendiary front man for [arguably] the biggest heavy metal band in history, DiAnno lead the New Wave of British Heavy Metal singing on both the self-titled Iron Maiden album and its follow up, Killers. After releasing the live Maiden Japan EP, the London icon left to form Di’Anno, Battlezone and Killers among other projects.

Over three decades later the Beast is still as vicious as ever on stage playing to rabid metal heads throughout the world. His influence is undeniable on the younger bands he is bringing on the road this year, all three of which were forecast as leaders of the “New Wave of Trad Metal” by the prestigious Metal Hammer U.K. magazine just three years ago.

This exciting true metal package bridges the gap between fans who were around for the initial Iron Maiden craze and the new generation of headbangers discovering the power of classic metal in its purest form. The tour is being booked by Intromental Worldwide and will run through the U.S. and Canada from July 25 to Sept. 2, 2012. The preliminary dates of the tour as as follows, but expect an updated and longer itinerary to come in the next couple of weeks.

July 25 - Baltimore, MD
July 26 - New York, NY
July 27 - Foxboro, MA
July 29 - Albany, NY
Aug. 01 - Ottawa, CANADA
Aug. 02 - Toronto, CANADA
Aug. 03 - Detroit, MI
Aug. 04 - Chicago, IL
Aug. 09 - Vancouver, CANADA
Aug. 10 - Seattle, WA
Aug. 15 - Santa Ana, CA
Aug. 24 - Austin, TX
Aug. 28 - Tampa, FL
Aug. 29 - Orlando, FL
Aug. 31 - Raleigh, NC
Sept. 01 - Pittsburgh, PA
Sept. 01 - Akron, OH

For more information:
www.PaulDianno.com
www.facebook.com/CAULDRONmetal
www.facebook.com/IcarusWitch
www.widowusa.com
www.Intromental.com

I see the new owners of Jaxx have failed me yet again. I'd be all over this one, but Baltimore on a weeknight is just too hard to pull off.

EDIT - Screw it, I'm taking a day off and hitting the Raleigh show.

Di'Anno is the one I care less in this line-up. Would love to see the other 3 bands. Hopefully a date in Canada (Quebec) could be added on July 30 or 31...

Hahahaha.
So true. Always a bummer when the least exciting band on the lineup is the headliner.

I saw Di'Anno live in 1991 with his band KILLERS (which supported the excellent Murder One album, maybe the best stuff to feature Di'Anno IMO, even though I like the first 2 Maiden discs). He was excellent, as was his band at the time. But I watched recent performances on YouTube and his voice seems to be gone now, which explains my lack of interest...

Seriously agree with above sentiments about the openers. Incredible support lineup. All three of those bands are great. Should make for a good show. I'd go to it to say I saw D'ianno anyway.

Thanks for the nice words about the package, everyone. I can almost guarantee that I'll have more dates confirmed soon, including all of the ones mentioned in this thread (Atlanta, Quebec, Phoenix, etc.)

I can tell you that WIDOW is absolutely ecstatic to hit the road with the rest of the bands. I think this will be a great opportunity for them to bring their music to a wider audience. This fits our trad-metal werewolves from Raleigh like a glove!!!

For those of you who didn't get the chance to see Widow cut their west coast touring teeth when they hit LA/Phoenix/El Paso, you're certainly in for a 3 man treat (lololol gay jokes).

this is though a well thought of and well put together tour. Nice to see someone put thought into something for once. Nothing worse than these package tours of bands that just jump from one to the next and dont flow well. This is one of the better ones I have seen.

this is though a well thought of and well put together tour. Nice to see someone put thought into something for once. Nothing worse than these package tours of bands that just jump from one to the next and dont flow well. This is one of the better ones I have seen.

Thanks man. We thought WIDOW would be the perfect band to get on the tour, and as Icarus Witch and Cauldron were already in the plans, it kind of made it all perfect. We're happy with the package as well.