The Beatles and Opeth

Mar 13, 2005
So I'm listening to A Fair Judgement and its at the outro (you know after mikael goes "heeeeerrrrrrre") and my dad walks by and stops to listen. After it finishes he comments that it sounded like the Beatles - I Want You (shes so heavy). I couldn't imagine it at the time but after listening to the ending of it I see what he's saying. There not exact but there's similarities, the drums notably, its placement in the song etc. Its funny picturing ringo rocking out to that tune.

So could this have been an influence on AFJ you guys think?

I think Atonement is a better reference to The Beatles influece. Direct ripoff of Ringo in that one.

I think the Beatles influenced Opeth in that sometimes Opeth manages to suck, although not very often... that is the Beatles influences poking out their slimy little head.

The pathetic fat guy with the shitty band said:
I think the Beatles influenced Opeth in that sometimes Opeth manages to suck, although not very often... that is the Beatles influences poking out their slimy little head.
Is there anything about you that doesn't make me laugh?

^Holy shit. Someone with some sense. I thought that as soon as I heard Atonement for the first time. Then I popped in Revolver just to make sure. It was the exact same beat, just at a little bit quicker tempo. So "lmao" to all those people who pretend to know about The Beatles, but really don't know a thing.

illidurit said:
I've probably said this 400 times since gr came out, but the vocal warbling in Atonement is from Blue Jay Way and the drum beat is from Tomorrow Never Knows

those are both good beatles songs, but atonement does not sound like either.

If you can't break down music any better than that, maybe you shouldn't be listening to The Beatles. Why don't you stick with your metal for a while.