any opeth songs/riffs you are tired of?

Koi

Dec 5, 2005
Gbg sweden
www.myspace.com
I cant stand the "a fair judgement" intro and outro anymore.....they are so incredibly fucking repetitive...
Many riffs on orchid and morningrise are so similar to each other and the galopping strumming with double lead guitars is so annoying nowmore.. not all, but many.
But other than those, i cant come up with anything im tired of after all these years.

R0l0 said:
deliverance outro.
A lot of people seem to complain about how repetitive it is, but I've always thought it was great. I love how the drums get a bit faster (er, more symbally anyway) each time until the end, when it kind of breaks into a weird calm under the guitars.

To answer the question: pretty much everything off Still Life, except FoM, Moonlapse Vertigo and Serenity Painted Death.

Mr. Josey Wales said:
pretty much the whole ghost reveries album..except for ghost of perdition

some of the songs off of orchid can get boring too.

yeah man pretty much the same here, but emphasise the some in your last sentence.. i do love that album :worship:

R0l0 said:
deliverance outro.
NOOOOO i hate long repetitive ending just to make a song 10 mins but they end of deliverance is great SEE IT LIVE! and ul love it

Mr. Josey Wales said:
pretty much the whole ghost reveries album..except for ghost of perdition

some of the songs off of orchid can get boring too.

Same here. The beginning of BotH and GoP (like the first 4-5 mins) are great but I can't listen to the whole songs. Atonement = :worship: however.

The intro riff to In Mist She Was Standing is the worst thing they have ever done. It sounds so happy and doesn't fit. Great song otherwise.

And the outro to Deliverance is pwnage.

IMSWS grew on me, I never liked the begginning of it while I was still obsessed with Opeth's more recent work.. now I've changed to much prefer their older material and now I love every second of that track.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
the heavy part of dirge for november is unbelievably boring too.

Yes, that's the only Opeth part I skip (except for some Orchid songs..). The intro and outro are two of the most beautiful pieces of music, but that heavy part... it's just not a distinct riff..

And those people who said Ghost Reveries are idiots.

I'm pretty tired of Atonement,Hours of Wealth and Grand Conjuration...
Generally I'm taking a break from GR for a few months now...cause there's a concert in april and I actually wanna enjoy the songs.
Can't listen to Damnation either but that's because it's depressing.

Braighs said:
The intro riff to In Mist She Was Standing is the worst thing they have ever done. It sounds so happy and doesn't fit. Great song otherwise.

And the outro to Deliverance is pwnage.

Ah, you see I love the intro to In Mist... I think it is one of the better bits they have done, but hey opinions are what it is aboot.

Deliverance outro is much better live, but I stil like it on the record, even if it drags a bit.

No way.

Many bands have performed long songs with repetetive riffs. But, to me, there is something differetn about Opeth. I find them patient. They may take four passes at the same riff before moving on, but I find it fits in every one of their songs. Whether I like the song or not is not at issue. I can't think of an Opeth song that isn't my favorite due to repetetive riffs.

If the ending of Deliverance or Closure were twice as long I'd be happy.