Opeth&Bass guitar

Aug 11, 2004
istanbul
Opeth is the most important music group in my life and surely all opeth songs are wonderful for me.Every fragments of these
songs are perfect...
i dont know why, but orchid and morningrise are special albums for me...

I wondered "Why are these albums special for me?"

i thought about it many times and i faund nothing.Because i cant explain how much i love them like my unexplained reason,
"why i love opeth very much..."
we call that "sense".

But technically this 2 album is perfect like all opeth albums.
but a little diffrent..... Bass guitars.

İm not asking the question why DeFarFalla must leave... i think, mike knows the most important reason of his separation
and i respect his decision...i dont want to open old books.İ love mendez and he's doing his job properly but
i dont know why someting is missing...

i cant see bass riff's of the old albums and i cant hear the bass in front.it's my opinion.Ofcourse the all of opeth's
doings will be magnificent for me but i have a request from mike;Please make strong the bass riffs how is like in old albums...

i want so much?

with all respect
Blackened Rainbow

That's awesome, I think we all here feel the same as you.
You can check some interviews I posted in my thread (Opeth Interviews) and If you have another, post it there.
Cheers Blackened.

wow man that was awesome.. i hope mike reads this and considers this issue.. i really think he shuold tend to this..

i dont give a heck who writes them, as long as they are good lines :) and the bass should really have some more definition on the opeth albums!

Although Mendez has definitely gotten to shine in some parts of the last four albums, he's not given the attention he deserves. I feel that the last four albums have had the bass undermixed... a shame, because Mendez is such a talent.

Whether it was Mikael or Johan... he/they did an impressive job on Morningrise!