Favourite Opeth moments?

I'd have to say my #1 favorite Opeth moment is the intro riff to "The Drapery Falls" which also just so happens to be my favorite metal song of all time. The combo between the rhythm chords, guitar harmony, bass line and the flowing drum beat = greatness.[/QUOTE]

:kickass:Well said, bending the shit outta that 12th fret, gets me every time:kickass:

-When outro
-The Drapery Falls, first "Oah-ah-ah-oh-ah-ah" vocal part
-To Rid the Disease chorus
-Deliverance outro
-Ghost of Perdition first acoustic break, outro
-Black Rose Immortal acoustic break about 10 min. in
-Night and the Silent Water at 2:50
-In Mist She Was Standing outro
-Godhead's Lament acoustic soft part- "Though I would not reach this place..."
-Moonlapse Vertigo intro
-April Ethereal- "The rain was waving goodbye"
-Demon of the Fall heavy section in middle, and outro

A couple more:

- The whole intro section of In Mist She Was Standing
- The first vocal part in Demon of the Fall, probably the most dense growl I've ever heard, sounds so demonic
- When For Absent Friends ends, and Master's Apprentices starts with probably THE most evil riff of all time
- The "Wept for solace and and submit to faith" part in Beneath the Mire
- Every second of To Bid You Farewell
- On the Roundhouse Tapes version of When, I love how they just charge into it, the crowd probably didn;t know hit them. And how the pause before the "And I cried" bit is held way longer than on the album, just builds up loads of anticipation
- The outro of Nectar, esepcially the schizophrenic bass part
- THAT riff toards the end of Face of Melinda
- "Lost track of time, in a flurry of smoke" A Fair Judgement- such a great lyric

Damn, there's just so many. This is why I love this band so much

I just thought, it would be really interesting, if Mikael sees this thread, if he could reply with some of his? Does anyone know if he's mentioned in interviews or whatever which songs/parts of songs he's most proud of?

I think I've decided, as I don't have college today and have very litttle to do, I might just try and listen to the entire Opeth discography.

"A fair judgement"..particulary the "lost track of time" bit...
"Masters Apprentices" for having a totally brutal riff AND beautiful harmonies in the quiet part.
"Blackwater Park" - the whole song is just...words fail me..

A million other bits that I can't list now!:headbang:

Bleak - "tedious movement in your eyes [...] your close to the final word..."
Bleak - the climax and part leading up to it at 6:40. It's just... perfect.
Patterns in the Ivy. So melancholy.
Black Rose Immortal - the acappella at around 9 minutes and the acoustic part after it.
All of TBYF. One of the most beautiful songs ever.
Godhead's Lament - "what would they care if I did stay..."
The Moor - "I was foul and tainted devoid of faith..." Gives me chills.
All of Benighted. The whole song is too perfect.
Baying of the Hounds - serene part around 3:20, with the keys and stuff.
All of Isolation Years. Also one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.
The Grand Conjuration - the guitars at 5:52. Groovy.
Outro to Deliverance, of course.
Beginning of Nectar - "I arose from the lullaby..." Awesome riff as well.
BTPISIO - Around 5:00, the circusy part... "and nothing ever changes..."
The Funeral Portrait - the riff at "rain washed clean all the sins." Fucking brutal.
The Leper Affinity - solo at 2:41.

Ack, too many. So many more as well...

Well itz gonnabe:

- coda in "In the Mist She Was Standing" [11:39-14:09] - best Opeth coda ever as much as "Deliverance"
- hardrockish drum'n'bass stuff in "The Twilight is My Robe" [5:36-5:44] - sounds like freakin' 70's!
- solo in "The Twilight is My Robe" [7:49-8:08] - one of the best Opeth solos ever
- the beginning of "Advent" [0:00-2:00]
- coda in "The Night and the Silent Water" [7:34-10:59] - especially Mike's whispers
- bass-dominating riff in "Nectar" [3:06-3:19] - wah-wah bass on the background is goddamn cool
- coda in "Nectar" [8:50-10:09]
- mellow part in "Black Rose Immortal" [9:42-11:55] - especially Mike's singing
- break in "When" [7:42] - that pause and then "And I've cried" is just classic
- middle in "Demon of the Fall" [2:16-3:09] - the most brutal Opeth stuff ever! Mike's screams and that acoustic riff are just hillarious!
- main riff in "The Moor" [2:30-3:26] - one of the best Opeth riffs! And reaaly one of the best songs in its entirety!
- mellow part in "The Moor" [7:21-8:28] - this mellow switch from guitar harmoines to acoustics is nothing short of amazing
- solo in "Benighted" [3:12-3:44] - so jazzy and so emotional
- harmony in "White Cluster" [3:42-4:28] - huge and semi-symphonic sound!
- solos in "White Cluster" [6:22-7:07] - it's just slaying!
- riff in "The Leper Affinity" [2:11-2:41] - magically cathy riff! I have no idea how Mike sings live while playing it! He's mad!
- mellow part in "The Lepper Affinity" [4:05-5:38] - amazing guitar harmonies and then acoustic part with clean singing - lovely!
- the beginning and the verses in "Bleak" [0:00-1:20] - POUNDING!
- chorus in "The Drapery Falls" [2:47-2:55] - one of the most exciting Opeth moments... just like Aaahhhhhhhh...
- middle part in "The Drapery Falls" [6:09-8:41] - "cossack riff", "old deathy stuff" and then a mellow part - GRIZZLY AND GORGEOUS!
- guitar melody in "Dirge for November" [0:45-1:05]
- acoustics in "Blackwater Park" [2:41-5:18] - it's just meditative... feels like hypnosis... and then a blast!
- solo in "Blackwater Park" [7:09-7:20] - once again one of the best solos!
- brutal part in "Blackwater Park" [10:11-10:33] - it sounds like a perfect moment for circle headbang! What a crash!
- drum intro in "Wreath" [0:00-0:02] - Lopez is just a killer
- "wind" and solo in "Wreath" [7:35-8:32] - amazing tamboril, amazing guitar sound, amazing solo - EVIL!
- solo in "Deliverance" [4:01-4:20] - Peter's made that truly atmospheric
- coda in "Deliverance" [9:38-13:36] - what can I say? Possibly the most memorable Opeth moment ever. Just flawless.
- middle part in "A Fair Judgement" [3:45-7:31] - it's my favourite OPeth song, And that just makes me weep.
- mellow part in "By the Pain I See in Others" [5:03-6:33] - just some broadway musical stuff... amazing!
- THE FILL in "Windowpane" [3:37-3:49] - Lopez is killer? No, Lopez is God!
- solo in "Windowpane" [4:37-5:50] - soul is flying far away with that one
- solo in "In My Time of Need" [3:10-3:36] - Peter's made it sound like you're in cosmos... unearthed
- piano in "To Rid the Disease" [3:56-4:39] - as evil as Halloween's main theme. An there's nothing more evil than Halloween's main theme.
- acoustics in "Lamentations" version of "Closure" [1:03-2:40] - eastern and gruff
- coda in "Lamentations" version of "Closure" [6:39-8:13] - just beats the shit out of everyone
- coda in "Lamentations" version of "Master's Apprentices" [8:56-9:53] - Lopez is changing rhythm at every measure... flawless!

And then... THE WHOLE 'Ghost Reveries' 'cause I really cat put something out of there. It's pathetic but I think it's the best music album ever done by a human being.

PS: "Heir Apparent" - why not? Timing is for very frist version from *********.
- solo [2:21-2:55] - Fredrik fits like no oneelse DAMN!
- acoustics and slides [4:14-4:57] - just surreal!

Opening riff of In The Mist She was Standing
the wailing leads in that acoustic bit of Under the Weeping Moon
start of Advent
Black Rose Immortal at 11:55 and 12:21
4:32-5:45 in April Ethereal, and the ending riff
5:06-5:38 in When, and especially the smooth clean part at 6:08
Demon of the Fall- "Run away, run away...just one second" etc.
Credence-the whole thing.
The end of Weakness...fuck it, ANYTHING off Damnation
Deliverance- whole song, but esp. "your salvation is found in a sinner's deed" with that guitar lead.
A Fair Judgement-"Now nothing's left here..."
For Absent Friends-whole song
BTPISIO-the whole fairground waltz bit

and thats just a handful

The segment of "A Fair Judgement" that starts with "Leave it be..."

The end of "By the Pain I See in Others"

The ending of "The Drapery Falls"

All of "Bleak", "To Bid Your Farewell", and "To Rid the Disease"

Sorry if this has been done before, just wondering which parts of which songs make you jizz...

- The end of Weakness ("I'm not afraid of what you have just done, of what you've just become") such a great way to end the album

Man, there are just too many to list, but yeah would be cool to see what everyone else thinks

Fuck yeah, it's so beautiful.

I'll throw in one or two, though there are so many "Jizz" moments!

- The outro riff in the end of A Fair Judgment
- "Devious movments in your eyes! ...Move me from relief" bleak

There are too many jizzy parts in most Opeth songs. And I guess most of the "obvious" ones have been covered. So I'll try and dig out some of the jizz not yet spewed into this topic. Wasn't that a naughty naughty sentence.

Anyway..

"Silhouette": The last half, were things get climactic.

"The Twilight is My Robe": The part that follows that break with the bas. Awesome!

"White Cluster": The thrash part with the guitar solo at the end. Groovy.

"Master's Apprentices":Into death..."

"Harlequin Forest": "They are..the trees..." Wondrously beautiful part.

"Advent": "Survey the slooo--OO-oo-opes..."