any opeth songs/riffs you are tired of?

Okay, ^ that is much, MUCH better than what most people say about it. (That it sucks)

But wait... don't Orchid and Morningrise also have the same elements? (Repeating riffs and lack of material.) Why don't people dislike them too then? :confused:

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Okay, ^ that is much, MUCH better than what most people say about it. (That it sucks)

But wait... don't Orchid and Morningrise also have the same elements? (Repeating riffs and lack of material.) Why don't people dislike them too then? :confused:
Orchid and Morningrise don't have repeating riffs....

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Pbbbt whatever.

There are tons of riffs on Orchid and Morningrise that go on for a long time.

Yeah, but it doesn't seem like a long time. I love Deliverance and it used to be my 2nd or 3rd fav. Opeth album (I overplayed it), but it does drag a little in places.

Orchid and Morningrise are much more dynamic than Deliverance. Deliverance songs tend to use the following formula:

A-B-A-C-D-C-D-E(tc.)

It pisses me off so damn much when people put down Deliverance...everyone hates it and I don't know why. It just makes me so damn mad.

Deliverance is my favorite Opeth album, hands down. It has the darkest atmosphere and is their heaviest album. Master's Apprentices is my favorite soing by Opeth too because of the beginning.

A) The beginning of Master's Apprentices is ripped from a Morbid Angel song. It lacks that special 'Opeth' quality, and feels like it could have been written by any band.

B) The mixing makes the album sound cold and distant

C) It lacks cohesion. The first 3 songs go together pretty well, but instead of having a single color like the other albums, every song is a different color. For example, BWP feels blue and Damnation feels greenish-white, but the songs on Deliverance go Green-Orange-Maroon-Orange-Green. That makes for a less cohesive album. It's still good, though. It just feels rushed, and it's really not much of a progression from BWP.

D) How much anger and depression can you take in one sitting? I think this is what it comes down to in the end.

E) As long as everyone loves the band together, who cares if people don't like the album that's your favorite? Shouldn't you liking it be enough?

froghawk said:
Orchid and Morningrise are much more dynamic than Deliverance. Deliverance songs tend to use the following formula:

A-B-A-C-D-C-D-E(tc.)

A) The beginning of Master's Apprentices is ripped from a Morbid Angel song. It lacks that special 'Opeth' quality, and feels like it could have been written by any band.

B) The mixing makes the album sound cold and distant

C) It lacks cohesion. The first 3 songs go together pretty well, but instead of having a single color like the other albums, every song is a different color. For example, BWP feels blue and Damnation feels greenish-white, but the songs on Deliverance go Green-Orange-Maroon-Orange-Green. That makes for a less cohesive album. It's still good, though. It just feels rushed, and it's really not much of a progression from BWP.

D) How much anger and depression can you take in one sitting? I think this is what it comes down to in the end.

E) As long as everyone loves the band together, who cares if people don't like the album that's your favorite? Shouldn't you liking it be enough?

Cool man, you made some pretty good points. I don't hate Deliverance or anything, I'm just so sick of it right now. It isn't flawless, thats for sure.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I already said I'd wrap it up, so I'm not saying anything more about it.

Except this: It's still my favorite Opeth album.
Yeah, sorry about that. You made that post after I already started mine, so...

There's nothing wrong with it being your favorite Opeth album. There's just no reason for you to get mad at other people disliking it (and, of course, there's no reason for other people to insult you for your opinion, but you should just ignore them).

TUBBS YOU HAVE 2,240 FUCKING POSTS? WHAT THE FUCK? I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE CATCHING UP TO ME WTF DUDE THATS INSANE I JUST PISSED MYSELF.

20 FUCKING POSTS A DAY? HOLY M-F'N SHIT.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I can't stand listening to it but I will agree that A Fair Judgment is one of my least favorite Opeth songs and the piano part is a bit old to me.

blimey said:
TUBBS YOU HAVE 2,240 FUCKING POSTS? WHAT THE FUCK? I REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE CATCHING UP TO ME WTF DUDE THATS INSANE I JUST PISSED MYSELF.

20 FUCKING POSTS A DAY? HOLY M-F'N SHIT.
Hahahaha blimey, if you want to get your post count up just go to the chat forum.

(And post on at least 2 other band forums like I do)

i remember when i first heard TGC...was from Roadrunner.com because im on the roadcrew so i had it before everyone else (not boasting)...and i was still a little skecthy about the whole RR idea...so i heard it and im like...there goes opeth...but then i heard GOP and it changed my mind...tgc is a very repetative song but the solo ownsssssssssssssssssss lol.....at first i thought nu-metal...but then it grew on me