any opeth songs/riffs you are tired of?

The Grand Conjuration and Beneath The Mire. Not bad songs or anything but just don't cut it in the entire Opeth disco.

Foundations Crack said:
I haven't gotten tired of anything by them.....I love every note from Orchid to Ghost Reveries. Can't wait to see them again next week!!!

You post here now.. cool

this ones pretty obvious...the outro to BTPISIO.....i hate when i have it on a playlist or somthing on my computer and i just hang out listening to it...and theres 5 minutes of nothing then the backwards part to masters apprentices....its just a really anoying outro...the intro owns tho lol

Sometimes I can't be assed with listening to Deliverance (song)

I still like it though

I'm not much of a fan of Atonement - the only Opeth track I skip. Hours of Wealth is pretty meh as well but I still listen to it....those two tracks have got nothing on Isolation Years - sheer beauty

Most of Deliverance bores me to death nowadays. It is a solid record, but I did not think that there was anything memorable on it. The riffs are kind of bad, especially that e power chord riff that drags on and on at the end of the song Deliverance. Another riff that annoys me is the one at the beginning of Master's Apprentice. It is cool for the first couple of seconds but, once again, it drags on wayyy too long.

That album needed some serious cutting.

I would say the same about the new album, too. Although, not because it dragged on, but because it sucked!

It pisses me off so damn much when people put down Deliverance...everyone hates it and I don't know why. It just makes me so damn mad.

Deliverance is my favorite Opeth album, hands down. It has the darkest atmosphere and is their heaviest album. Master's Apprentices is my favorite soing by Opeth too because of the beginning.

And you say the new album sucked, how thoughtful and appreciative of this forum you are.

Nevermind this post as I am very pissed off right now.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
It pisses me off so damn much when people put down Deliverance...everyone hates it and I don't know why. It just makes me so damn mad.

Deliverance is my favorite Opeth album, hands down. It has the darkest atmosphere and is their heaviest album. Master's Apprentices is my favorite soing by Opeth too because of the beginning.

And you say the new album sucked, how thoughtful and appreciative of this forum you are.

Nevermind this post as I am very pissed off right now.

Deliverance is easily Opeth's worst album.

Also, it's hilarious to see people get pissed off over discussions on an internet forum.

Jon Snow said:
Deliverance is easily Opeth's worst album.

Also, it's hilarious to see people get pissed off over discussions on an internet forum.
I only get pissed because the majority of REAL people who talk on these forums don't like it.

And fuck that, Deliverance is not "easily" Opeth's worst album.

In fact, I've never heard a single person give a reason why. Hmm. :confused:

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I only get pissed because the majority of REAL people who talk on these forums don't like it.

And fuck that, Deliverance is not "easily" Opeth's worst album.

In fact, I've never heard a single person give a reason why. Hmm. :confused:

I love Deliverance. It's a great album. I just happen to like all of the other albums more which makes it the worst album imo. ;)

Basically, I was just giving you a hard time. :)

Tubbs Mcgee said:
That's great and all, but I want to know why other people don't like it. :confused:

i would have to say because a lot of the riffs on it repeat a few too many times. i love the beginning of Wreath but the middle to end is just sooo long; usually Opeth can get away with repeating stuff quite a bit and having it work but on Deliverance the amount of repeating going on is unnecessary. It also seems like there's a lack of material when compared to their other albums which is probly due to the recording problems they had forcing them to pretty much come up with the album in the studio.....Deliverance definetly has its bright spots but whenever im trying to decide which cd to listen to, its almost never deliverance