The Bends

DiscipleOfThePit

Metal F*cking Iain!
Jul 26, 2004
Glasgow, Scotland
www.heathenmetal.com
Who likes this Radiohead cover?

I heard it quite some time ago but never listened to it much. My wee brother had it on tonight and it was like being a 13 year old Radiohead geek all over again.

Do any of you like the song? You don't have to like Radiohead, Hell, I don't anymore but what about as an Anthrax B-side? It's up there with God Save the Queen, Phantom Lord and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath for me.

I like it alot too. But it's hard to imagine Scott playing it live. His live set up relies on heavy distortion.

He doesn't play clean tones too often but he did Black Lodge perfectly when I've witnessed them playing it.

I like it very much! Actually it doesn't differ very much from the original one. It sounds just like Bush resang the original Radiohead track! But I like his voice more than Yorke's. I can listen to some of the old Radiohead stuff. The newer one (Amnesiac album for instance) doesn't do anything for me.

I liked Pablo Honey and OK Computer, hate the rest. The Anthrax version is cool, in fact Bush could replace Thom York and Radiohead could rock onece more. In fact no thats wrong on many levels.

I was in hospital for about 6 or 8 months when I was 13 and I over listened to Radiohead so I can't listen them now. Kid A was the biggest disapointment ever for me... came out just after I'd turned 14 and was like 'fuck, this is awful'. I gave my albums to my sister I think, I don't have them anymore anyway.

I like the cover - never heard the original

From the few songs I've heard Radiohead is alright I guess. Not much for touring from I've heard.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
I was in hospital for about 6 or 8 months when I was 13 and I over listened to Radiohead so I can't listen them now. Kid A was the biggest disapointment ever for me... came out just after I'd turned 14 and was like 'fuck, this is awful'. I gave my albums to my sister I think, I don't have them anymore anyway.

In hospital for 6 - 8 months? What landed you there if you don´t mind me asking?

I have to confess I haven´t heard ThraX version of The Bends.

Arg_Hamster said:
In hospital for 6 - 8 months? What landed you there if you don´t mind me asking?

I have to confess I haven´t heard ThraX version of The Bends.

Wilsons Disease > Liver Transplant > Bouts of Rejection

I was in and out of hospital for years but between December '99 and March '01 I wasn't out for very long periods of time.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Wilsons Disease > Liver Transplant > Bouts of Rejection

I was in and out of hospital for years but between December '99 and March '01 I wasn't out for very long periods of time.

Holy shit dude. I spent 3 weeks in hospital last year and thought it couldn't be worse. Can you drink alcohol at least?

johnnieCzech said:
Holy shit dude. I spent 3 weeks in hospital last year and thought it couldn't be worse. Can you drink alcohol at least?

Fuck yeah!

I mean, I'm not meant to binge, but then, who is huh?

It's the sort of thing people can't notice until you tell them which is cool I guess. It could have been a lot worse.