The best Amp head for traking lead?

kaomao said:
Hey great sound and playing!!
really good lead sound!!

Maurizio

thanks

i believe that was an sm57 and mxl 990 (ld condenser) i used there

i need to spend some time boosting my 5150 and try to get some good lead tones from it, i know they're in there

Silver jubilee, is it?
I almost bought that exact model 'til I discovered that It was stolen gear... Too bad.

i always love the green channel of the 5150 with a good boost. also we had some great tones goin on the new autumn offering with madison divinity. My all time fave its the bogner xtc. there is a ton of amps to pull good tones from you just gotta experiment.

006 said:
I hate the JCM900 and 2000, which I own both of, for anything rhythm.
~006

Tivium used them for rhythm on there latest album and I think it sounds great...you don't?...diffrent yes but by no means crap....

chadsxe said:
Tivium used them for rhythm on there latest album and I think it sounds great...you don't?...diffrent yes but by no means crap....

Erm, are you sure? IIRC, Andy reamped the guitars through 5150's. I remember him saying he told them to use EMG's, and they didn't, and it ended up creating some sort of issue?

DSS3 said:
Erm, are you sure? IIRC, Andy reamped the guitars through 5150's. I remember him saying he told them to use EMG's, and they didn't, and it ended up creating some sort of issue?

really.....I don't know.....I just read that they tracked with the4 JCM2000.....as far as reamping goes there was no mention of it....just how suprised they were with the JCM2000......

DSS3 said:

You're right. Except that Andy later said he couldn't remember whether it was 5150 or Dual Rec that he used... but either way, not a Marshall. :p

I know the rest of the mix is awful (can you tell it's been mixed by a drummer, the snare is too high etc etc).
However I got so happy with the leadtone I just had to share it with you anyway :)

No real use remixing it right now either since we will begin recording our debutalbum in three weeks

chadsxe said:
Solo is great dude.......the backing tracks are whats still bothering me.....they are lacking mid/high.....or something....do you have verb on them...maybe to much...just needs some clarity.....

I think JCM 800 are the best for tradicional Heavy Leads... if you tell exactly what kind of lead sound you want I think it would be easier to tell

But the 800 are great for me.. I have a combo... with a 12"... I don´t think you´ll need more than one speaker to reacord leads...

Well you can hear it at www.soundclick.com/ThornMetal

I think the ENGL Savage heads are good for Modern Metal Leads...

Hope it helped