The best blastbeats

Mantraschism said:
Trym is definitely my favorite blastbeat drummer, with my favorite Trym moments being those insanely fast parts in YE ENTRANCEMPERIUM. On the DVD it's amazing to watch him do those, seemingly effortlessly.
Most f*ckin' definitely he shreds there!!

Some of you are talking he's a 'clean' and technical drummer, than you'd better listen a bit more closely, cause his stylel is quite chaotic and he's definitely not 'metronome-tight', but that doesn't matter in his case. The chaotic, but all so intense drums on "Anthems..." still reign supreme.

The ultimate blastbeat however, was laid down by Mr. Derek Roddy on Nile's "Chapter For Transforming Into A Snake", no doubt..

I myself don't like blast beats a lot, because I find it to be a very simple technique, which requires mostly train for speed, but in some parts of some songs, it works very good to express agressive momments. My favorite blast beats were made by Giuseppe Orlando of Novembre, songs like:

Let Me Hate
Old Lighthouse Tale
The Music
Onirica East

Tumn said:
No, listen to Cryptopsy.
heh! like aka:deliverance said, I *do* like them. but i find them to be repetitive - though, not boring. I think i said somewhere that if there was one guitarist that i'd like to imitate 100%, it would be jon lavoissuer. amazing to watch.

JoeVice said:
Derek Roddy of hate eternal is a machine.

Both Derek Roddy and Tim "The Missile" Yeung make most other drummers look like toddlers playing a Mattell pre-school drumming kit. I am also dissapointed no one mentioned Dave Culross from Malevolent Creation.....think he isn't one of the baddest drummers, go get yourself a copy of Eternal.

On a purely comical level, Fenriz is my favorite drummer ever (I know I'm going off topic) purely for the hilarity of his interviews.

dorian gray said:
heh "aka: deliverance". haha! were people getting confused?

hahaha, fuck now i'm known as "aka deliverance" :lol:
nah, i don't think anyone was confused, but for people that aren't here often who may jump to conclusions, they know who they fuckin' wit when they see that.

mmm, black sabbath - black sabbath - black sabbath was just shuffled to on winamp :headbang:

Pete Sandoval from Morbid Angel invented blast beats back in 1986. If you want all out guts and blood blast beats, Frost kicks some major ass in his band 1349. When I put in their album Liberation, and blasted the stereo up I noticed the whole cd is like flying to hell with the devil.

Just look at his drumset! :headbang:

pearl1.jpg