The best British Metal band

hahahhaaaaa ,, someone mentioned toranaga, so NEARLY was us!! tangaroa! .. that woulda been mad as fuck!! ..

best british metal band!? .. fuckin hell, erm ,, erm ,,
dunno mate ,,

*paul runs away! ..

i hate stuff like bal sagoth, maiden, and all that, MDB were better before than now, along with anathema and paradise lost, i prefer stuff like akercocke, my cross to bare, regorge, nadir, unsanctum, and other full on mad as fuck metal / death / extreme bands

i hate stuff like bal sagoth, maiden, and all that, MDB were better before than now, along with anathema and paradise lost, i prefer stuff like akercocke, my cross to bare, regorge, nadir, unsanctum, and other full on mad as fuck metal / death / extreme bands

wow

i disagree with this entire quote.

well almost. i haven't heard unsanctum or nadir. and i go along with you on paradise lost.

SKYCLAD.
One of the few bands having a distinct identity, clever lyrics, good music and being nice people (and who keeps on releasing at a rate of 1 very good album per year), going through the music biz shit, standing their ground refusing to follow fashion... and so on... (plus they brew their own beer now).

personally I would say SCALD, WAYLANDER, My Dying Bride and Cradle Of Filth ...... Frost and Akercocke are damn good too.

For those who don't know the first 2 bands on my list, Waylander are a folk doom death black pagan metal thing with 2 albums released, debut on Century Media and new one on Blackened Records.

Scald are a unique sludge death/grind band. You can read my review of their "Nematoid Specimen Parts I-IV" demo on www.metal-observer.de in the underground section. Also I think a few songs are on AG so check 'em out.