The best concert you've ever been to

There are a couple, I can't really pinpoint any exactly:

Anathema - Dynamo '99 , the most electric and overwhelming atmosphere I have ever experienced, fucking blinding set as well!

Hypocrisy - Dynamo '99, same as above. I haven't seen these two bands as good as this since.

Opeth - Wacken 2001, I never heard hammerfall, and it was the first time I'd given opeth a full listen and it got me hooked. Brilliant!

The first morbid angel gig I went to as well, along with graspop. trey is god!

Not in any specific order

Garbage '98 Provinssi
Chuck Schuldiner's Memorial Concert '02 (With Diablo, Morbid Dream and Evil Chucks)
Paradise Lost '01
Tool '02 Provinssi

I probably left something essential out, but these were all I could come up with for now.

Although I haven't been to that many concerts, I think I've been privileged to have seen some great ones. The two I consider best are

Anathema - january of 2002, a great show by a great band
Dream Theater in Rockwave 2000 were I've seen why they're considered one of the best bands today.

I hope though that this year's Rockwave with Opeth, Paradise Lost and Dream Theater (and also Apoptygma Berzerk and Primal Scream) will also be a grea experience.

best concert iv ever been?hmmm
all Gamma Ray tours and especially the one with Hammerfall
october 97 i think.
Stratovarius at Visions tour
Death
Iced Earth when they were supported by Nevermore
Annihilator-Nevermore-Soilwork
But my favourite of all gigs i ve ever been is:
A N G R A in Holy Land Tour...if you ve been to that tour you know what i mean

ah i forgot . . .Kveldssanger anathema suck now...ive seen them live in london in december a couple days before you saw them and they had nothing to do with the last tours .kala re malaka poso xronwn eisai?<----this goes to Kveld..psychotic waltz rulz man

I just answered this in another thread...in a way.

Opeth - Mass. Metalfest 2001, Worcester Palladium

When I go see a show, I'm really happy to be there, but when I went to see Opeth, I was so past happy...some might even say delirious. :loco:

I've been to a few over the years, so tough to limit to just one:

The Tea Party - last month in Montreal

Santana back in the late 70's at the Cape Cod Colesium

Korn last year - hey, it was a great concert

Black Sabbath (Dio was the lead singer)/Blue Oyster Cult at a race track in NY (Glens Falls) back in the late 70's

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Dimmu Borgir a few months back

The above were all concerts, not festivals where a bunch of bands play for less time. Of all the festival bands I've seen, I'd say my favorites were:

Sevendust
Static-X

Tonight, after I see Hypocrisy/Soilwork, we'll see where that rates.

And, the best concert I never saw (but had tickets to) : Opeth/Nevermore last May in Worcester, MA. What an awesome concert that wasn't. :cry:

It depends...I played in a band once, and during one concert all those crazy chicks came to me and things got pretty wild...so that's once concert I'll never forget :p

Other than that, I'd say MY DYING BRIDE. And EDGE OF SANITY.